Counter Sales Representative
- Posted: over a month ago
Gustave A. Larson Company is the Midwest, Plains, and Mountain States leading wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, parts, and supplies. Our business philosophy is to focus on serving the needs of our customers, with a value-added, professional and enthusiastic attitude. The primary goal of the position is to ensure excellent customer service, appropriate coverage, and a high level of customer satisfaction in each area of business. The Counter Sales Representative (CSR) reports directly to the Store Manager.
- Establish and maintain positive rapport with customers by providing prompt and courteous service. Assist customers with loading of merchandise, and other needs. Effectively work together with fellow CSRs to ensure continuity of customer service.
- Remain current and knowledgeable about products and the Company catalog. Advise customers using technical knowledge and manufacturers’ catalogs. Determine proper price classifications, prepare sales invoices utilizing Company computer database.
- Responsible for conducting counter sales transactions, credit and cash transactions, obtain relevant signatures for billing purposes. Accept returned goods for credit and complete warranty paperwork as directed by Warranty Department.
- Sell equipment, tools, parts, accessories, materials, and supplies to such as dealers, contractors, service firms and industrial accounts.
- Recommend and promote related ‘add-on’ items to customers. Advise customers on substitution or modification of related items and product application information.
- Provide accurate price points from Company computer database. Receive and fill telephone and facsimile orders effectively. Prepare items for shipping, communicate accurate delivery information, and complete paperwork for warranties as directed by Company Warranty Department.
- Consistent and timely follow-up with customers and sales consultants with accurate quotes and product information.
- Collaborate with outside sales consultants to provide timely feedback and notification of above average price quotes.
- Maintain, organize, and stock shelves. Maintain inventory control. Assist in organization of equipment and product displays. Ensure store area is kept sanitary and orderly.
- Attend branch meetings, technical training session and general Company meetings as requested.
- Participate in the CSR incentive plan.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, creative, customer-focused professional. Thrives in a fast-paced environment and provides accuracy and timeliness.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities, demonstrated time-management and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, basic math skills, and perform and learn the requirements of the position within assigned training period.
- Effective Team Player, ability to lead, demonstrates confidentiality, and takes initiative.
- Individual must be flexible with changes in work schedule, willing to work overtime and be on-call occasionally on weekends.
- Responsible for comprising scheduling rotation amongst qualified individuals within the branch for evening and weekend response coverage to customer emergency needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Counter Sales Representative or customer service experience.
- Minimum 2 years of HVACR field experience, and/or degree/certification in HVACR preferred.
- Combination of education and related experience will be considered.
- Good command of Microsoft Office applications.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual must be able to meet mobility requirements which include walking, standing, reaching, leaning forward, bending, climbing, and able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Must be skilled in verbal and written communication and have sufficient education to read, write, speak and understand English. Must have basic math skills and able to perform or learn the requirements of the job within the assigned learning period. Required to accept and follow all safety rules and policies, including the use of all mandated safety protective equipment. Individual must agree to take pre-employment drug test and background check and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
Gustave A Larson Company
AddressWest Valley City, UT
BusinessView all jobs at Gustave A Larson Company