(NEW HEALTH BENEFITS PLAN AVAILABLE/GET PAID WHAT YOU ARE WORTH WITH OUR PAY BY PERFORMANCE SYSTEM)
As a member of our warehouse team, you will unload freight using handcarts and mattress carts. The items must then be labeled and stocked. Other duties include: customer pick-ups, stock warehouse using furniture picker, staging sales floor with merchandise, unpacking items, assembling products.
Receiving– Check off and unload merchandise from freight trucks to ensure the shipments are free of overages, shortages, damaged products, packing deficiencies and incorrect parts. Assure that any damaged goods or cartons are recorded and reported to the on duty manager immediately. Accurately tag all merchandise with corresponding bar code labels.
Labeling– Attach corresponding barcode labels to the merchandise on the correct face to ensure that label can be seen on merchandise on shelf or in the stock area.
Stocking– Carefully stock merchandise in its appropriate locations after the labeling process has been completed. Assure to put all items in their appropriate locations using pickers and carts.
Order picking– Accurately process customer orders picking each item from its assigned inventory location. Ensure to dispense the correct quantities of items for each order to the corresponding customer or truck when picking for shipments.
Shipments/Deliveries/Customer Pickups– Carefully pack merchandise any shipments, deliveries, or customer pickups using proper padding and strapping tools and techniques as specified in the operations handbook. Join a rotation for cross training to learn all warehouse functions as help is needed.
Floor Display– Carefully bring tagged merchandise out to display on the showroom floors. Place and prep furniture and mattresses for display by ensuring removal of all packaging. Direct and position ceiling light fixtures to clearly and vividly brighten relocated merchandise.
- Ability to lift and carry a variety of furniture and mattress related items of different dimensions and varying weights several times per week safely.
- Must work harmoniously with co-workers and customers without exhibiting poor behavior
- Assumes accountability and displays pride in all work
- Candidates must be cheerful and have an upbeat attitude while displaying great communication skills
- Exhibit an energetic attitude and be able to react quickly
- Must be diligent and accountable with sensitive customer information and products
- Possess and exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills, which are necessary in maintaining our customer service goals, longevity, and reputation
- Must have proficient verbal and written communication skills
-Possess the ability to use technology applicable to role, and to access and input information necessary to complete daily tasks
- Respond to assessments and critiques from managers and customers in a positive and productive manner
- Previous experience in dock or warehousing is preferred.
- Withstand heights up to 25 feet
- Possess the ability to achieve basic problem solving skills on a regular basis.
- Must practice integrity, accountability, and trust
- Showing interest in finding solutions and efficiency while generating new and creative ideas
- Demonstrate professionalism, courtesy and respect towards customers, associates, and vendors
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures as well as health and safety protocols
Monday – Friday 10am-8pm
Saturday – 10am-7pm
Sunday – 12pm-5pm
Benefits of joining our team
- Exciting benefit plans including healthcare
- 100 percent paid training
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- Reasonable expectations
- A great team environment with supportive co-workers
- You will have the opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career (we believe in promoting from within our organization if suitable and openings may depend on job availability.
- We’re a strong, local company that supports a variety of vendors, many of which produce products that are proudly made in the USA
- Our business is built on customer service and employee loyalty
- Closed four days per year
- Consistent hours every week with no schedule cutting surprises
- Reoccurring pay every Friday with direct deposit availability
- Employee discount on most items
- Safe working environment maintained by Gustafson Furniture & Mattress and regulated by The City of Rockford, The State of Illinois and OSHA
- Climate-controlled indoor retail facility
- Cafeteria and employee resource center
- Purified drinking water and coffee
- Celebratory lunches on certain days of the month
- Lunch break each day and breaks during day
About our company
Do you want to be a part of Rockford’s fastest growing and locally owned furniture and mattress store? With Gustafson's Furniture & Mattress you have the opportunity to become part of our outgoing team. Gustafson Furniture & Mattress is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe in creating a great, hardworking work environment so you can grow with us and be part of the home-town tradition of taking care of our customers for over 80 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Gustafson Furniture & Mattress is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The details listed in this job ad are not created to represent the entirety of the employee’s job or job description. These details are created to represent the nature and fundamental duties of the job title. A specific job description will be given to you when you apply or are hired on.
Position is currently available APPLY TODAY!
You may apply in person or online
6651 East State Street Rockford Il 61108