As a Gurnet Consultant, you will be leading and managing one or more highly complex or enterprise-wide program(s) consisting of multiple technologies and business projects in the BANKING & FINANCE industry. The primary function of this position is to apply your expertise and experience leading complex initiatives to ensure the realization of Gurnet’s clients' goals and objectives. You will work in an environment that thrives on innovation, communication, and collaboration.
The importance of flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams is imperative. You will be expected to use your various skills including but not limited to problem-solving, verbal and written communication, excellent relationship building, as well as strong leadership and team management skills. This position will work directly with senior and executive-level positions on Gurnet client sites.
- Have senior level management with overall responsibility for the management of one highly complex or enterprise-wide program consisting of multiple projects.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the design, development, and implementation of the program.
- Directs and mentors a team of project managers, portfolio managers and/or other project management staff.
- Frequently reports to a Chief Information Officer, Chief Technology Officer, IT Chief Operating Officer or Director, Program Management.
- Work in multiple industries and grow our client relationship through accurate and consistent work.
- Manage technical projects through agile, iterative process, and/or waterfall processes.
- Understand the client’s strategic direction and apply it to the project team to drive specific outcomes and real business benefits.
- Create, execute and proactively manage project plans adapted to the client environment.
- Facilitate organizational buy-in and consensus on project outcomes through interaction with multiple stakeholder groups, such as business functions, IT, operations.
- Mentor clients, work on projects independently, participate as a team member, or lead teams of consultants and clients to successful project delivery
- Work in multiple disciplines across industries and build client knowledge and credibility quickly
- Proactively manage risk and issues, and influence others
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate and address concerns
- Drive execution to see a return on investment.
- Facilitate strong communication between internal and external resources
Required Education, Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Experience leading and managing large complex post-acquisition integration initiatives.
- 10 to 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience
- At least 3 years of leadership experience and 5 years in managing programs/projects in retail, distribution, and supply chain industries.
- 1-3 years of client management experience with accountability for client relationships.
- Have proven track record of leading programs/projects to success, by every measure.
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills; rigorous approach to program management to deliver enterprise-level projects.
- Experience creating, managing, executing and reporting on project plans.
- Experience with budget responsibilities over $3-5M.
- Experience managing large complex projects across multiple functions.
- Experience with distributed, enterprise solutions.
- Ability to lead and manage 6 or more professionals.
- Ability to manage teams with multiple discipline representation (especially business process, technology, and change management).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate data, context, and implications effectively to senior management, stakeholders and cross-functional teams. May be asked to provide professional writing skills examples.
- Must be a self-starter who is resourceful, proactive and assertive, that thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Formal training and certification in structured project management and delivery methods (example: PMBOK, Agile / SCRUM, PRINCE2, COBIT, Kaizen, Lean RUP, CMM or proprietary).
- Bachelor's degree (advanced degree a plus)
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project, or other project planning tools.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Experience in IT industry.
- M&A Post Acquisition Program/Project Management
- Experience consulting services industry.
- PMI and or Scrum Alliance Certification.
Why would you love to work at Gurnet?
- Expand Your Portfolio-You will have the opportunity to work in various industries, for example, Finance, Banking, Healthcare, Retail, Insurance, Hospitality, Manufacturing, and Government.
- Opportunity To Grow-We are continually looking to be the best, so your experience, skill, and collaboration are imperative. It is essential we are nurturing an environment where our employees are empowered to bring new, fresh, innovative ideas - in turn Gurnet will flourish!
- Competitive Benefits-Gurnet is competitive with salary, offers fringe benefits that match our competitors, opportunity to earn more when exceeding regular billable hours along with cell and travel reimbursement.