Systems Engineer - ServiceNow
- Posted: over a month ago
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Gunnison is growing! Join our team.
Gunnison is seeking energetic and dedicated team member for a ServiceNow Engineer with 6 years of subject matter expertise Specializing On-premise installations and Operations and Maintenance of the ServiceNow Suite.
LOCATION: Ft. Belvoir
ServiceNow Engineer with 6 years of subject matter expertise Specializing On-premise installations and Operations and Maintenance of the ServiceNow Suite responsible for implementation, foundation data structure, maintaining code, functional capabilities, and systems following delivery and installation in the production environment.
Duties and responsibilities
· Creating People Records; setting up and managing accounts to ensure only authorized users with the appropriate permissions are granted access
· Troubleshooting incidents and problems with the ServiceNow System as needed
· Create foundation data structures based on customer organizational and support structures
· Performing foundation data updates
· Reviewing logs and system performance following established procedures; reporting anomalies using the incident management process
· Performing patching and deployments
· Ensuring accurate and appropriate use of the system and data via configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and report development
· Supporting the implementation of system enhancements to improve system reliability and performance
· Working directly with system users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
· Diagnosing performance issues and conducting performance tuning
· Facilitating coordination between development and operations
· Performs log and system performance monitoring
· Fulfills standard requests such as report development, foundation data updates, system monitoring
· Developing solutions to resolve incidents or support operational activities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 10 years of relevant work experience
· ServiceNow Administration Certification (preferred)
· Eight years' experience supporting ITSM Tools such as BMC Remedy and ServiceNow
· Requires effective verbal and written communications skills to consult with management, business partners and vendors.
· TS Security SCI Clearance with ability to work in Northern VA.
- Gunnison takes on ambitious projects. We target fun, challenging work that requires creative thinking and innovation.
- Quality is our top priority.
- Gunnison employee benefits meet or exceed what other companies in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area offer.
- As a small firm there is a great sense of camaraderie at Gunnison. Employees are treated like family. This is an atmosphere we will maintain as we continue to grow.
- We are growing rapidly and the opportunity for individual professional growth with Gunnison is outstanding.
- We hire for careers at Gunnison, not to fill a position.
Gunnison employee benefits meet or beat other companies in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, including:
- Annual Review & Raises
- Profit-sharing! (uncommon in the industry)
- Certifications and training allowance $2,500/year per employee!
- 401k matching
- 3 weeks of personal leave your first year (160 hours can roll over every year)
- FTO - Flex Time Off - Additional 40 hours for employees to use throughout the year.
- 10 paid holidays each year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Public Transportation Subsidies
- And more!
We invite comparison. Click here for details
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Must be eligible for employment in the United States. We are unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
In 1994 Gunnison Consulting Group began serving the greater Washington, D.C. metro area, focused on tackling our customers' most ambitious technology projects. By creating a culture dedicated to enabling our customers and employees to achieve more than they ever thought they could, the company has thrived for 25 years.
Gunnison Consulting Group Inc
ConstructionView all jobs at Gunnison Consulting Group Inc