Director of Sales
- Posted: over a month ago
The purpose of the Director of Sales and Marketing is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the company’s expectations for top line revenue, efficiently managing sales and marketing expenses, train and develop sales team members, and actively participate in company events and programs. Additional responsibilities include developing and implementing continuous improvements of process and performance in full support of company programs and expectations.
Essential Job Functions
- Be a lead generator to property to support the sales process and development of new business opportunities.
- Assist hotel in meeting or exceeding assigned revenue goals, primarily, but not limited to: Rooms, F&B, Meeting Room Rental, Incremental and RevPAR Index.
- Represent Hotel at all times, in a hospitable and professional manner, to our clients/guests and business partners.
- Assure that all actions and transactions are handled in a legal, ethical manner.
- Monitor, measure and provide direction on all sales and marketing standards and expectations related to property and associate performance.
- Provide ongoing property updates, both verbally and written, to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing as directed on an ongoing basis.
- Actively participate in budgeting, forecasting and managing expenses to achieve company expectations.
- Performs Sales Audits to ensure information accuracy in property management systems, sales and catering software systems and general reporting.
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations by ensuring department provides customer service and teamwork.
- Provides Sales Managers with the skills training to provide value added service to customers with the purpose to enhance revenues.
- Maintains proper flow of information with General Manager and to corporate office.
- Participates in yield management meetings in properties, as necessary.
- Leads daily stand up meetings, weekly sales meetings and participates in all hotel related meetings as directed by General Manager.
- Assist Sales Managers in increasing sales volume and profitability by developing and executing projects for all market segments as stated in the hotel business plan.
- Develops plans, special sales activities, and promotions, monitors Return on Investment of all sales and marketing action plans and promotions.
- Ensures that property has maximized use of all company, brand and local CVB programs.
- Conducts market analysis to determine client needs, occupancy potential, rates desired, etc. for hotel.
- Participates in solving problems with other department as required related to business booked in the hotel including space conflicts, threatened cancellations, and compromises between customer needs and hotel facilities.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties, work hours and/or responsibilities for this job at any time.
- At least 2 years of progressive hotel sales leadership experience preferred; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of relate experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience.
- Must possess highly developed verbal & written communication skills to frequently negotiate, convince, sell and influence other managerial personnel, hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients. In addition to management company leadership and owners.
- Must have thorough experience with professional selling skills: opening, probing, supporting, and closing.
- Shows strong analytical skills and strategic vision in establishing appropriate sales deployment
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- Strong organization and presentation skills
- Must work well in stressful high-pressure situations; maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Health Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Vacation Time
- Hotel Discounts
Gulph Creek Hotels
AddressAnn Arbor, MI
BusinessView all jobs at Gulph Creek Hotels
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?