- Posted: over a month ago
The Principal DBA is responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance on the solutions and designs implemented to provide Global Infrastructure Services. This role ensures the stability, security, and productivity of the Global Infrastructure Services on complex Infrastructure technology. The position is responsible for the designs, procurement recommendations and implementation/maintenance of designated systems, infrastructure, and infrastructure applications, as well as other related sub-systems to provide a consistent high level of performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for supporting ongoing medium to high complexity maintenance, Run-The-Business (RTB) support and incident service requests of the assigned Global Infrastructure area.
- Provide technical leadership on the design of medium to complex infrastructure solutions to ensure quality of design through best practices and peer reviews.
- Participate in the development of architecture of enterprise applications and systems.
- Provide project leadership by delegating a manageable workload for individual contributors, tract overall progress of project tasks, and ensure tasks within area of responsibility adhere to current standards.
- Provide knowledge sharing, as recognized SMEs, in the form of efforts such as writing complex knowledge articles, relationship development with other IT staff, mentoring, and staff technical capabilities.
- Develop and increase technical knowledge capabilities through training, investing time to understand and communicate technical/organizational direction and cross training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in Information Technology, or in a related area.
- Three (3) or more years of lead experience.
- Relevant industry related certifications.
- Information Technology experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Database Administration:
Oracle Role: Deep core knowledge and experience in Oracle database, Oracle RAC, Oracle RMAN, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Multi-tenant database, and Enterprise Manager (OEM). Knowledge and/or experience with Oracle GoldenGate, and/or Exadata. Experience with operating systems Linux (RHEL, SUSE, OEL) AIX, or Solaris. Oracle Certified Professional.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?