Culinary Administrative Assistant
- Expired: March 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking for a dynamic, energetic individual with a team player attitude who thrives in a fast-paced environment! Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Creole is highly preferred.
Experience in both kitchen and administrative duties to provide general administrative support to the culinary department, including assisting Chefs with payroll timekeeping, placing orders, assisting employees, coordinating meetings and training, generating reports, and helping with inventories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules, coordinates, and completes all administrative work to ensure efficient and effective administrative support for the F&B department.
- Coordinates and carries out a wide variety of administrative tasks related to the department.
- Interfaces with all operational and support departmental staff as well as outside agencies and vendors, in a courteous, appropriate manner.
- Attends meetings as required and is responsible for organizing information from those meetings into accessible files.
- Assists with any areas in culinary that may need administrative or operational assistance with items such as scheduling, payroll, operational assistance, employee relations issues, etc.
- Daily use of computer software; food track, ADP, and micros to generate reports, daily transfers for all outlets, and end of month inventories.
- Prepares documents and reports as requested for monthly, quarterly, and/or annual operational issues.
- Monitors and replenishes office supplies.
- Maintains a professional, pro-active, and pleasant demeanor; must be a team player.
- And other tasks assigned by the culinary leadership team.
- Minimum 2-3 years related experience and/or training in administrative support positions such as a departmental administrative assistant is required.
- Strong computer skills to include effective working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, and holidays.
APPLICANTS, PLEASE NOTE:
- This position typically works Wednesday-Sunday.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between buildings and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, including second-hand environmental smoke. The employee may be exposed to the risks associated with attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult guests or staff members. The noise level in the work environment varies from light to moderate.
Licenses, Certifications, Registration:Requires a General Occupational License.
BusinessView all jobs at Gulfstream Park