Develop and monitor the implementation of a Personal Development Plan (PDP) with participants in the Adult Reentry Program; provide guidance and support to participants to meet program objectives; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by advocating for the participants and maximizing opportunities for persons with disabilities and other barriers to become more independent, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
- Receive and review referrals for new participants in the Reentry program. Meet with individual participants, administer and/or review the Level of Service Inventory – Revised (LSI-R) assessment and assess participant’s criminogenic needs.
- Identify the assets and barriers of participants through observation, interviews, case notes, collateral contacts, and other means.
- Assist participants in developing natural support systems to increase housing stability and improve their transition back into society.
- Complete LSI-R for all assigned participants according to schedule, policy and procedure. Must spend a minimum of 45 minutes completing the LSI-R assessment with participants.
- Utilizing the results of the LSI-R, define the process for attainment of goals and dosage with measurable step-by-step objectives based on the participant’s input and desires. Develop an individualized personal development plan (PDP) in collaboration with the participant, with a focus of moving toward self-sufficiency; define the process for attainment of goals. Once completed, submit PDP to Program Coordinator for review and approval. Ensure that the PDP is in compliance with all regulations and guidelines as per policy and procedure.
- Monitor and assess participant’s progress towards individualized goals and objectives on the PDP and document results. Regularly review the goals and objectives with the participant and revise as appropriate and/or based on the participant’s input and desires.
- Conduct home visits with participants.
- Utilize clinical skills to provide participants with counseling and support. Provide crisis intervention as necessary. Provide services utilizing Motivational Interviewing, Harm reduction and Trauma informed care principles.
- Engage in advocacy on behalf of participants. Research and recommend resources based on participants, needs and desires. Make referrals as dictated by the participant’s desires and as appropriate.
- Collaborate and communicate with employment consultant, job coach and/or community partners, if appropriate. Participate in the job search when relevant. Participate in and provide skill development opportunities in resume development, completion of job application, transportation arrangements, practice interviews, and other pre-employment skills and activities.
- Facilitate support and/or therapeutic groups. Plan and research appropriate/relevant topics, provide materials, schedule workshops and special events, and engage speakers. Motivate participants to attend and actively participate.
- Plan and facilitate pro-social outings and/or activities with and for participants. Motivate participants to attend and actively participate.
- Complete case note documentation ensuring notes are detailed, comprehensive, address participant’s involvement with their PDP and documents participants’ progress or lack thereof towards goal/objective attainment. Ensure a case note is completed for every contact made with the participant as well as for every contact made on behalf of a participant.
- Complete file reviews as directed by Management, the Program Coordinator and/or policy and procedure. Ensure that the case files and participant records are comprehensive, accurate and complete. Ensure required forms are updated according to regulation and/or policy and procedure. Ensure file is in compliance with regulations and requirements. Enter participant updates and information into databases in accordance with policy and procedures. Collect and calculate statistics by participant and submit to referring agencies as directed by the Program Coordinator.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings providing clinical input, insight and feedback utilizing a solution oriented approach.
- Interact and work collaboratively with city leaders, law enforcement, Department of Corrections (DOC), the Justice System and other community partners to facilitate systematic changes in the Criminal Justice System in Palm Beach County.
- Collaborate with members of the criminal justice community through participation in task force groups and committees to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Attend and actively participate in all required internal/external trainings. If not already trained, attend motivational interviewing training and demonstrates use of the model on a daily basis through their interactions.
- Held accountable to a productivity rate of a minimum of 60% direct client contact. This will be assessed based upon notes documented in the RENEW database. There must be a minimum of 24 hours documented weekly for direct client contact/services. Must provide direct services to a minimum of 10 different participants per month documenting the services provided in the RENEW database.
- Must have a minimum of one contact per month with all participants documented as active in the RENEW database and document that contact in the RENEW database.
- All face to face contacts with participants must occur at a minimum of 30 minutes each session.
- Provide assistance with other general department activities as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- May require occasional evening and/or weekend hours with ability to flex time during the work week.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Master’s Degree in Social Services or Mental Health Counseling or related field.
- Must be registered with the Department of Health as an intern within 1 month of hire. Receive regular, ongoing, clinical supervision under the guidance of a state approved qualified supervisor, documenting hours; actively working towards licensure.
- Minimum of one (1) year case management experience and/or experience working with individuals who have been previously incarcerated preferred.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced environment supporting ex-offenders returning to the community.
- Experience with mental health, substance abuse, and knowledge of trauma.
- Flexibility and adaptability to ensure that all services are person centered.
- CPR and First Aid training preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Maintain professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with participants, community stakeholders, employers and referral agents.
- Excellent time management, problem solving skills & organizational skills.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, valid insurance, reliable transportation for travel to outlying locations and the ability to be insured under the company’s vehicle insurance policy.
- General office environment
- Regular pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping and bending
- Occasional lifting and/or carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Regular travel
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and usual peripherals, word processing, spreadsheets and software programs, standard office equipment, safety equipment, automobile, large passenger van, or wheelchair accessible van, as required.
Pay Rate: $21.53/hour
Powered by JazzHR
Gulfstream Goodwill Industries