Works closely with individuals and families experiencing or facing homelessness; Assists in identifying resources to divert individuals and families by utilizing community resources and advocating with family and friends; provide assessments of individuals entering homeless system; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by providing a safe environment for individuals and families experiencing homelessness, guided by established standards and procedures.
- Intake and assessment of clients' needs, liabilities, resources, and problems underlying their situations of homelessness or risk of becoming homeless.
- Maintain files of clients that have been assessed and are waiting shelter placement.
- Complete SPDAT for clients as needed.
- Complete SOAR application if applicable.
- Keep accurate, up-to-date records of all client contacts and follow ups and complete relevant forms and/or case notes.
- Identify needed services and make referrals as needed, collaborating with community partners and other agencies.
- Explore diversion and/or shared housing with clients.
- Engage the individual or family in discussions to brainstorm about potential housing solutions and work together to explore each option and come up with a plan that is best for this family.
- Schedule appointments with clients at times that are convenient to them whenever possible.
- Secure and keep notes up-to-date based on set schedule.
- Document client outcomes and enter client data into ClientTrack.
- Provide support and back-up to Housing Advocate Case Managers as needed.
- Assist displaced families by providing outreach services.
- Assist clients with completing forms.
- Participate in training to upgrade skills as courses become available. Complete all GGI required trainings within 6 months of hire.
- Perform any range of departmental assignments or special projects as requested.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people experiencing homelessness to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field preferred; or 4 years case management experience
- 2 years' experience working with individuals in high risk populations who have experienced trauma, homelessness, economic poverty, incarceration, substance abuse, developmental delays, literacy issues; or mental illness preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Familiarity with local support services and agencies in Belle Glade and Pahokee.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and take direction.
- Individuals who are formerly homeless encourage to apply
- Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive manner.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Residential setting
- Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling stooping, and bending
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Ability to lift and carry up to 45 lbs. minimum
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer, standard peripherals and office equipment, kitchen and laundry appliances, and safety equipment.
Pay Rate: $14.00 - $16.83/hour
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Gulfstream Goodwill Industries