***** Due to contract requirements, priority will be given to persons with disabilities.*****
Florida Department of Transportation & Florida Highway Patrol:
The working supervisor provides direct oversight to the performance of work as defined by the individual contract requirements. This employee is expected to motivate and lead by example. In addition, performance of duties to provide direct oversight to the performance of work as defined by the individual contract requirements; and contribute to the mission of Goodwill by maximizing the opportunities for participants with disabilities and other barriers to become more independent is necessary.
- Assign work and monitor its performance within their shifts or sites to assure that all contract requirements are met, that all Goodwill policies and procedures are adhered to, and that all Goodwill objectives are met.
- Train employees in proper techniques for the efficient, safe, and quality performance of their job. This position requires satisfactory working knowledge in all major areas of building maintenance, including restroom cleaning and sanitation, office cleaning, carpet care, hard floor care, equipment operation and maintenance, chemical knowledge, SDS and safety.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of supplies required for the successful performance of the contract requirements at all times.
- Maintain effective communication with the Customer Contact Person (QAE, Building Manager, Inspector, etc.), with Human Service Case Managers responsible for clients at their site, and with the Contract Manager.
- Prepare documentation on pay records, scheduling work performance, quality standards, inventories, and safety incidents and reporting.
- Performs or assists with any assignments as required.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma required
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Requires a thorough knowledge of a specialized nature related to the specific area of contract responsibility
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Strong ability of operating floor machines including but not limited to floor buffers, carpet extractors, shampoo equipment and wet-dry vac.
- The ability to facilitate and foster a cohesive team
- Evidence of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be vehicle insurable.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, valid insurance, reliable transportation for travel to outlying locations and the ability to be insured under the company’s vehicle insurance policy
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift in excess of 25 lbs.
- Must be able to push heavy equipment such as vacuum cleaners, floor stripping equipment, carpet care machinery, water buckets, etc.
- Regular pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling, stooping, and bending,
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Floor buffers, carpet extractors, shampoo equipment, wet-dry vacuum as well as standard office and safety equipment.
Pay Rate: $12.44/hour
Powered by JazzHR
Gulfstream Goodwill Industries