Ocean Springs Health & Rehab Center is looking for RNs for the 7A-3P and 3-11 PM shifts.
RN ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care center.
- Complete all record keeping upon residents'' admissions, transfers, and/or discharges into the electronic health record (EHR).
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and as required by center policy.
- Ensure that narcotics are handled in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and as required by center policy and that narcotic records are accurate for your shift.
- Make rounds with physicians as necessary.
- Consult with the residents'' physicians in providing the residents'' care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc. as necessary.
- Notify the residents'' attending physicians and next-of-kin when there are changes in the residents'' conditions or if the residents are involved in an incident or accident.
- Assist the Resident Assessment/Care Plan Coordinator in planning, scheduling, and revising the MDS, including the implementation of CAAs and triggers.
Registered Nurse PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequent walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing,
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this position with or without
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, and outside agencies and
to work cooperatively with other associates.
- Ability to present to groups.
- Ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to communicate with local staff, remote staff, and outside agencies.
- Practice universal precautions at all times.
- Understand, comply with, and promote rules regarding residents'' rights.
- Maintain an orderly, confidential, and safe work environment.
- Adhere to all Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must hold a current and valid RN license in the state employed.
- Completion of post-secondary education and be able to read, write, and follow oral and written directions.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance as required.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment exam, if required.
- Related experience at a level necessary to accomplish this position.