Environmental Field Service - Travel Required
We are looking for a Field Service Technician to join our dynamic team. As a Field Service Technician, you will represent Gulf Coast Environmental Systems (GCES) and be responsible for assembly, installation, commissioning, and repair of industrial combustion and environmental equipment including: oxidizers, ovens, furnaces, flares, vapor combustors, vapor recovery units, scrubbers, bag houses, skids and other equipment or systems and associated controls.
Located in Conroe, TX, GCES has been in business for over 15-years, and continues to steadily grow. We contribute our success to our long-term employees, and an environment that promotes team work, collaboration, and professional development.
- Five years industrial mechanical/electrical field service experience and/or training in combustion or industrial training.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License and a clean driving record.
- Must have and maintain a current Passport and Visas as needed
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Combustion and environmental equipment and burner management systems (e.g. oxidizers, ovens, flares, etc.)
- Wiring, terminations, debugging
- Read electrical/ladder schematics and ladder logic diagrams
- Read P&ID’s and mechanical drawings
- Familiar with industry specifications, e.g. NEMA, NEC/NFPA, UL, etc.
- Familiar with PLC Control Systems, preferably Programming/Debugging
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be willing to travel extensively including globally.
- Must be able to drive and work in inclement weather conditions for extended periods.
- Must be able to fly and otherwise travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- When not in the field assist with assembly of systems in the shop
- Travel as required, including globally
- Install and commission industrial systems
- Complete field assembly of equipment as required
- Perform troubleshooting and repair existing systems
- Controls troubleshooting
- Perform maintenance services
- Train customer personnel
PAY & BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation package, commensurate with capabilities and experience
- Paid holidays
- Competitive health benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
If you want to be an integral part of a dynamic, growing company, earn a competitive salary, help the environment, and have some fun doing it, submit your resume, compensation requirements, business references, citizenship, and current employment situation.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience, and qualifications, without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability, or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.