Are you looking to expand your career to the next level? Do you want to be with a progressive organization whose core values are putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity, and fulfilling our mission with passion? Then read on and step onto a path where you can continue to grow and develop personally and professionally in that type of environment.
Job Title: Treasury Manager
The purpose of the Treasury Manager is to manage the banking and cash management operations of Guitar Center, Inc. including cash forecasting, investment, and debt management. Other duties include supporting the annual insurance renewal, debt compliance reporting, treasury reporting, and treasury projects, as assigned.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Manage and report the daily cash positions for (Company) cash and line of credit borrowings.
- Prepare, update, and manage the short-term cash forecasts and work with the businesses to improve the flow and accuracy of forecast information. Report and analyze variances.
- Support management of long-term cash forecast; provide cash actuals data and review variances.
- Support the Director of Treasury in the annual insurance renewal and annual insurance audits.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly debt compliance reports and develop a working knowledge of debt covenants.
- Manage annual inventory appraisal and field exams for the line of credit compliance.
- Direct the administration of all bank accounts (user access, opening/closing accounts, securing new services, executing wire transfers, etc.).
- Review bank fees and banking practices and make savings recommendations when possible.
- Prepare monthly payment card reports and analyzes variances.
- Support accounting with the posting of treasury related journal entries, and audit requests.
- Manage principal & interest, insurance, and other debt-related payments.
- Identify process improvements to optimize treasury processes and cash/debt management.
- Support or manage department projects as assigned.
To join our band, you’ll need the following experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA, MBA, or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) or Certified Cash Manager (CCM) is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant treasury/cash management experience
- Extensive knowledge of treasury operations, finance, and debt management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to adapt communications to different audiences
- Critical thinking skills, business acumen, and sound judgment
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrates initiative and has proven ability to work independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; strong Excel skills
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world’s largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Work Here?The Guitar Center enterprise is the leading retailer of music products in the United States. The Guitar Center brand consists of over 290 retail stores and a leading e-Commerce website, offering a broad assortment of guitars, amplifiers, percussion instruments, keyboards and pro audio/recording equipment along with repair services, lessons, and rentals. The Musician’s Friend business offers online sales of a broad selection of music products under the Musician’s Friend and Music 123 brand names. The Music & Arts business consists of over 225 retail stores and specializes in rentals and sales of band and orchestra music equipment to students, parents, schools, and educators, and also includes the online Woodwind & Brasswind (WWBW) business. Additionally, Guitar Center has a thriving and growing audio-visual integration B2B division operating under the brand name AVDG (Audio Visual Design Group). At Guitar Center we strive to inspire and develop lifelong musicians and to make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Awesome CEO and leadership team, collaborative environment, foster growth of employees, share best practices and contribute!
Westlake Village, CA