Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Federal and State tax return support, including gathering data, preparing schedules, and coordinating with outside service providers for corporate income tax preparation.
- Prepare federal and state tax estimates and extensions.
- Resolve and respond to tax notices.
- Gather data and prepare schedules for tax audits.
- Prepare monthly tax account reconciliations.
Sales & Use Tax:
- Assist in the preparation of tax returns and/or coordinate preparation by third party service providers.
- Provide documents and information requested by auditors, and ensures audits progress smoothly.
- Prepare responses to inquiries from taxing authorities. Recommend various audit outcomes.
- Prepare journal entries regarding tax payments, accruals, etc.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts for sales taxes and property taxes.
- Assist with special projects as needed
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance
- 2 year work experience in income/sales preferred but not required
- Experience with property tax is ideal but not required for the right candidate.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player to multi-task and handle various responsibilities.
- Excellent analytical, trouble-shooting, research, planning, organizational, prioritization and written/verbal communication skills.
- PC proficiency with MS Office suite.