Job Title: Residential Design Engineer - San Rafael or San Jose
Are you a talented Residential Design Engineer with a passion for audiovisual integration? Do you believe in the power of audio video with automation and systems to create awe-inspiring experiences that bring people together? Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you do, then be with an organization that is exploding in growth and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advance solutions in integration.
AVDG is looking for a stellar Residential Design Engineer responsible for functional design and implementation of integrated audio-visual systems based on specifications made by clients, account representatives and the AVDG engineering team for residential smart home systems or residential projects. Participates in the field to ensure completed systems are at full optimization for video, audio and control, and properly integrated into the residence by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Specifies equipment and installation considerations regarding integration with facilities and architecture.
- Provides and reviews detailed project documentation required for ordering of equipment, project installation, programming and submittal to other contractors.
- Researches equipment and ensure functionality and interoperability is appropriate for use in specific systems.
- Attends client meetings and assist sales representatives with proposals and estimates.
- Assists purchasing department to ensure timely receipt of necessary components and services.
- Tracks and manages project costs and schedule against specified budgets.
- Ensures project stays within scope of work; research and propose necessary change orders when changes to scope are necessary.
- Supervises project managers, installers and any subcontractors in a professional manner.
- Assists management team with professional development of other technical staff.
- Helps build an effective team and create strong morale in-house and in the field.
To join our band you'll need the following experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or at least two years of experience in equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years audiovisual residential design experience
- Must know how to design Crestron, Savant and Control 4 systems for residential projects
- Bill of Material development needed
- Facilities and Electrical Design experience is highly desirable
- Strong problem solving skills. customer service, professionalism, adaptability, and flexibility
- Strong analytical, project management, organizational, interpersonal communication initiative, and collaboration skills are essential
- Home theater design experience is a big plus