Job Title: Project Engineer
AVDG is looking for a stellar Project Engineer with strong AV system design experience. This person will be responsible for functional design and implementation of integrated audio-visual systems based on specifications made by clients, account representatives and the AVDG engineering team.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Specifies equipment and installation considerations regarding integration with facilities and architecture.
- Provides and reviews detailed project documentation required for ordering of equipment, project installation, programming and submittal to other contractors.
- Researches equipment and ensures functionality and interoperability is appropriate for use in specific systems.
- Attends client meetings and assists sales representatives with proposals and estimates.
- Tracks and manages project costs and schedule against specified budgets.
- Ensures project stays within scope of work; researches and proposes change orders as necessary when project requests move outside specified scope.
- Supervises project managers, installers and any subcontractors
- Assists management team with professional development of other technical staff.
Must have experience for this role:
- 3+ years' experience with AV System Design
- Experience engineering a system down to the connector level
- Strong project management skills (This person will be overseeing construction schedules, architect plans, etc...)
- Must be a Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) highly prefer a CTS-D. If no "D" certification will be required to get with in 1 year of hire date.
Preferred Manufacturers, Software & Certifications:
- QSC Q-SYS
- Biamp Tesira
- Crestron DM & Control Systems
- AMX Control Systems
- CTS & CTS-D Certifications
- Broadcast equipment
- Cisco CCNA
- Extron XTP
- video conferencing hard and soft codecs
- MS Office
This job will require travel to various clients and jobsites.