Guitar Center Fairfax, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Operations Associate, you will be responsible shipping and receiving stock/shipments, administer daily tasks, and ensure product is merchandised for the customer to have a great experience in our stores.
A few special characteristics that make our Operations Associates successful:
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good working relationships with others.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so. Interested in learning about the entire business.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast paced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner. Able to protect assets and people by learning and implementing protocols and complying with guidelines.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
As our Operations Associate, you will:
· Tasks related to inventory control
· Shipping and receiving of gear and other items
· Cycle Counting of Inventory (preparation and execution)
· Stocking and merchandising to a planogram
· Printing and placing of signage and price signs (POP)
· Cash Handling
· Shrink awareness and control
· Additional duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Basic understanding of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Must be able to work in a loud environment for 5-8 hours
· Must be able to work weekends, holiday, and evenings
· Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11051 Lee HighwayFairfax, VA
BusinessView all jobs at Guitar Center