The Senior Analyst, Enterprise Information Security (EIS) will provide information security capability across the Guitar Center Enterprise, ensuring that business and information assets are protected against compromise of confidentiality, tampering of integrity, and loss of business services.
· Administer and maintain critical web content security technologies
· Administer and maintain data leakage prevention security technologies
· Administer and maintain email hygiene, anti-malware and spam solutions
· Ensure the systems are up to date with current configurations and operational processes
· Perform log analysis for security anomalies using monitoring and detection tools
· Perform firewall policy and configuration reviews
· Create operational documentation and processes
· Be on call, respond to after hour support issues, working extended hours (as needed)
· Provide project and technology initiative support
· Additional duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
· Bachelor’s Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience), preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or similar
· 6 years of relevant work experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience), with a network engineering and/or system administration background (Unix/Linux/Windows)
· 5 years of current hands-on experience with URL filtering, data leakage, and email solutions
· 5 years of experience in system administration or network engineering
· Skilled understanding of security impacts of network protocols TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.
· Skilled understanding of authentication, authorizations, and public/private key encryption
· Skilled documentation and process creations skills
· Intermediate experience with scripting in any of the following: Perl, Python, Unix Shell
· Intermediate understanding of exploits, intrusion detection, and incident response
· Intermediate understanding of system hardening for OS platforms and applications
· Analytical Skills: Able to explore information, data, and reports, and other items in order to identify issues and extract meaningful insights, which can be used to better understand and improve business performance.
· Business Acumen: ROI-focused and understands how the business works including key business drivers, important company strategies, competition, and financial data impacting the department/organization. Able to make strategic business decisions that support financial targets including budgets.
· Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Able to build relationships with others by offering help and providing suggestions for improvement.
· Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to take positive, innovative action without being requested to do so. Driven to create appropriate solutions in alignment with top line customer requirements and department business goals.
· Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means with diverse, individuals. Able to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
· Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to manage priorities independently such as projects, stay on track, and achieve goals. Able to establish a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner while handling ambiguous situations.
· Project Management: Able to develop and execute project plans sometimes independently, coordinating groups of individuals to maximize available knowledge and resources, and following through to track progress and ensure timely completion. Able to identify methods for improving existing processes, practices, and procedures. Able to adapt to changing directives and priorities.
Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations