Job Title: Project Engineer
Are you a talented Project Engineer with a passion for audiovisual integration? Have you become a guru of the Smart Office Technology emerging in the market? Do you believe in the power of audio video with automation and systems to create awe-inspiring experiences to bring people together? Do you want to take your career to the next level? If you do, than be with an organization that is exploding in growth and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advance solutions in integration
AVDG is looking for a stellar Project Engineer with strong AV system design experience with extensive commercial experience. This person will be responsible for functional design and implementation of integrated audio-visual systems based on specifications made by clients, account representatives and the AVDG engineering team. Participates in the field to ensure a completed system is optimized for video, audio and control, and is properly integrated into the facility by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares system ROM and BOM documentation
- Specifies equipment and installation considerations regarding integration with facilities and architecture.
- Provides and reviews detailed project documentation required for ordering of equipment, project installation, programming and submittal to other contractors. These documents include system narratives, facilities and electrical plans & elevations, functional drawings, rack elevations, wire pull schedules, markups as needed and as built documentation.
- Works with CAD department in preparation of documentation.
- Researches equipment and ensures functionality and inter-operability is appropriate for use in specific systems. Assists Account Managers in preparing Project and Bid Proposals
- Attends client meetings and assists sales representatives with proposals and estimates.
- Tracks and manages project costs and schedule against specified budgets.
- Ensures project stays within scope of work; researches and proposes change orders as necessary when project requests move outside specified scope.
- Assists management team with professional development of other technical staff.
Must have experience for this role:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with AV System Design
- Commercial AV experience, Residential experience a plus
- Experience engineering a system down to the connector level
- Exceptional project management skills (This person will be working with project managers on construction schedules, architect plans, etc…)
Preferred Manufacturers, Software & Certifications:
- QSC Q-SYS
- Crestron DM, NVX & Control Systems
- AMX & Extron Control Systems
- CTS & CTS-D Certifications
- Broadcast equipment
- Cisco CCNA
- Video conferencing: hard and soft codecs
- MS Office Systems
This job will require travel to various clients and jobsites.
Love this job and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!