Job Title: CAD DesignEngineer
Are you a talented CAD Engineer with a passion for audiovisual integration and music? Do you believe in the power of sound and vision to bring people together? If you do, and you want to be a key player in an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with more music and to develop generations of new musicians then we have a position where you can find your sound.
AVDG is looking for a stellar a CAD Engineer who will be responsible for the accurate and timely production of Construction Document packages. Works with Design and Project Engineers to convert sold scopes of work and proposals into AV Facilities & Electrical Infrastructure drawings (architectural plans, RCPs, elevations, details, etc. delivered to build team prior to AV install) and AV Functional Wiring Diagrams (provided to AV installers, both internal and external) which instruct AV Field Technicians how to install, wire, and label systems. Responsible in part for the ongoing development and maintenance of CAD Standards block library and drawing templates.
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in audio visual systems for commercial and residential spaces worldwide. AVDG has a world-class technical staff considered to be among the best in the industry. This high level of technical ability makes us uniquely qualified to deliver sophisticated systems that are elegant, yet simple to use.
AVDG joined the Guitar Center enterprise in late 2017. Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to create lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion. If you love music and want to be a key player in an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with more music and to develop generations of new musicians then we have a position where you can find your sound.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- With guidance from project team and CAD Lead, produces AV Facilities & Electrical drawings for pre-install rough-in.
- With guidance from project team and CAD Lead, produces AV Functional Wiring Diagrams for AV Install.
- Contributes to the development of CAD Standards database via block creation & maintenance. Attends and contributes to CAD Standards development meetings.
- Attends internal company kickoff & scheduling meetings, clearly communicating workload, deadlines, and other scheduling concerns.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To join our band you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
- 4 years of relevant work experience with Autodesk AutoCAD software.
- 2 years audiovisual integration industry, or relevant architectural/construction…experience required.
- Basic proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Basic knowledge of large-format plotters, scanners, and printers.
- Basic knowledge of principles of video, audio and basic networking.
- Ability to interpret and add to architectural facilities drawings.
- Ability to produce and review design documentation, including functional diagrams and user manuals.
- Basic knowledge of basic electrical and power requirements.
- Strong analytical, project management, organizational, interpersonal communication initiative, and collaboration skills are essential.