Business Intelligence Analyst
Guitar Center Westlake Village, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $70,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Position Summary: Business Intelligence Analyst
The purpose of this job is to transform high-level business requirements into reporting solutions that meet or exceed the needs of internal business clients. The analyst will receive guidance and mentoring from managers.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Assist in business requirement development for reports, dashboards, metrics, data exports, and documentations
- Support the timely flow of business intelligence information to users
- Understand and become proficient with business systems in the areas of retail, online retail, logistics, fulfillment, merchandising, forecasting, etc.
- Incorporate data from multiple sources including sales, inventory, product, and customer databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Perform user acceptance testing/data validation on newly created objects, reports, metrics, etc.
- Perform data analysis, working with several large and complex databases.
- Build reports and analysis using SQL, MicroStrategy, Microsoft Excel, Tableau, and Python.
- Maintain and update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods
- Help with Technical Design Documents for BI tools, reports, and processes.
- Test use case scenarios to validate data flow from various systems into various enterprise data environment
- Additional duties as assigned
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience), preferably in MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related field
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in business or consulting (in addition to degree or years of previous experience), preferably working with Data Warehouses, ERP Systems, Tableau development, etc.
- Intermediate proficiency with Qualitative/Quantitative analytics, preferably in a retail environment
- Intermediate proficiency using programming languages including SQL, VBA, and Python.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc.)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.
Guitar CenterWhy Work Here?
Looking for future rock stars. Join our team and find out why Guitar Center is your dream job!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5795 Lindero Canyon RoadWestlake Village, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Guitar Center