Category Marketing Manager, Services
Do you love music and have a passion for Marketing? As the liaison between the marketing team and the Services business teams (Guitar Center Lessons, Rentals, and Repairs), you will be responsible for developing, implementing, executing and analyzing marketing strategies designed to drive market share growth and category leadership under the overall goals of the enterprise.
This role will lead the marketing activities on behalf of Guitar Center Lessons, Rentals and Repairs. You will work to drive awareness, as well as acquisition of new customers, retention of current customers, and engagement with our brand. You will ensure “best in class” overarching marketing strategies based on the mission and goals of the Guitar Center enterprise.
You will be shaping the marketing strategies with the business owners based on consumer insights, transactional data, industry trends, competitive activity, customer segmentation and analysis to directly drive demand, purchase intent and engagement within our brands.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Develop an annual, strategic Services marketing plan that identifies opportunities for the category in order to meet and exceed business performance objectives.
- Recommend, calendar and activate programs and promotional activities to build overall awareness and strengthen the market position of Guitar Center Lessons, Rentals, and Repairs.
- Collaborate with business owners to understand business objectives and needs, create comprehensive cost-effective marketing plans for service offerings aligned with the promotional cadence of the greater retail organization.
- Develop, execute and manage dynamically compelling marketing strategies that maximize promotional campaigns to drive traffic and sales, including tactics such as PPC, online advertising, social media and internal site campaigns while continually testing, analyzing and optimizing messaging and content
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report the impact of marketing programs.
- Drive all marketing communication activities for Services offerings and promotions to broader organization and business teams.
- Oversee creative program development, working closely with internal partners including creative services, copy and brand teams to create integrated messaging and materials.
- Partner with cross-functional expertise groups, connecting and coordinating marketing efforts across key marketing partners.
- Monitor competition with regard to marketing/go to market tactics and identify opportunities to demonstrate authority and leadership while raising Guitar Center’s share of voice.
To join our band, you’ll need the following experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- 6 years minimum of relevant marketing experience.
- Solid understanding of marketing data and analytics, able to provide insights and decision-making based on data and learning.
- Demonstrated experience driving measurable results through customer marketing efforts.
- Experience creating and executing marketing plans
- Strong project management and analytical skills.