Are you a top AV Account Manager – Sales Professional with a passion for audiovisual integration and committed to putting your clients first? Do you believe in the power of audio, video, automation, and systems to create awe-inspiring experiences that promote work & family collaboration, entertainment, and education especially during these unprecedented times?
If you do, and you are ready to take your career to the next level - then top it off by being with a division of a large corporation that is helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in AV integration.
Position Summary: Account Manager
Location: This position will be working remotely due to the pandemic and can report to San Rafael or San Jose office which will be moving to East Bay location in early 2021.
AVDG is looking for a stellar Account Manager who will be responsible for generating new business and sales of high-end audio-visual system. You will collaborate with our engineers and other team members to ensure the seamless delivery of our systems to the clients and work maintaining and expanding relationships with the clients of the organization by performing the following duties.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Business development, cold calling, Internet, and other ways to develop new business.
- Interfaces with the customer to understand the customer's overall needs, objectives, and requirements to identify solutions and business opportunities.
- Performs site visits to document field conditions (take pictures, verify room dimensions, check above the ceiling).
- Documents initial system descriptions and equipment lists submitting to engineers for finalization.
- Develops AV functional diagram sketch of major components.
- Generates proposals, which must include areas of concern, the scope of service, schedule, and payment terms.
- Submits sales order package, (PO, signed proposal, equipment, list, major contractors, and schedule) Attend project meetings as required.
- Manages and oversees proposal (content) and prepares orders as required.
- Develops and implements strategies to maintain and/or expand sales within an assigned territory.
- Forecasts the demand for the product(s) within the assigned territory.
- Serves as a point of escalation for issues or activities that the customer encounters during product utilization.
- Prepares and conducts technical/product presentations and demonstrations.
To join our band you'll need the following experience:
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
- Minimum of 2 years of Audio-Video Integration sales experience in a commercial or residential sales environment.
- Proven success in developing clients and has produced millions of dollars in sales annually.
- Self-motivated, effective oral, and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients and associates.
- Good decision making and negotiation skills
- Competitive, high achiever.
- Work with a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- A drive for personal and professional success.
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in audio visual systems for commercial and residential spaces worldwide. AVDG has a world-class technical staff considered to be among the best in the industry. This high level of technical ability makes us uniquely qualified to deliver sophisticated systems that are elegant, yet simple to use.
AVDG joined the Guitar Center enterprise in late 2017. Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to create lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion. If you love music and want to be a key player in an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with more music and to develop generations of new musicians then we have a position where you can find your sound.
About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world’s largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.