Job Title: Field Engineer
AVDG is looking for a stellar Field Engineer who will be responsible for commissioning and optimization of a completed system regarding video, audio, control, communication, and proper integration into the facility.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Attends client meetings and assists sales representatives with proposals and estimates.
- Assists purchasing department to ensure timely receipt of necessary components and services.
- Tracks and manages project costs and schedule -- specifically in regard to project commissioning dates.
- Ensures project stays within scope of work; research and propose necessary change orders when changes to scope are necessary.
- Requests services of and manage any field-based subcontractors as necessary.
System Testing & Commissioning:
- Verifies proper functionality and routing of all video, audio and control signals.
- Verifies proper functionality of all mechanically- and physically-controlled devices.
- Test and optimize audio to ensure intelligibility of conferencing systems and full-range equalization of program audio.
- Tests and optimizes video to ensure clear display of program sources and high-quality transmission of video conferencing signals.
- Works with client's IT department to verify appropriate configuration of all communication protocols including LAN, ISDN, digital and analog telephone and others as necessary.
- Supervises project managers, installers and any subcontractors in a professional manner.
- Assists management team with professional development of other technical staff.
- Leads periodic training sessions for field engineering team regarding basic use and servicing of specific audio and video equipment and general software requirements.
To join our band you'll need the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- 3+ years' experience relevant work experience in A/V engineering is mandatory
- Knowledge of principles of video, audio, communications and intermediate networking.
- Basic understanding of different communication protocols, and their settings and limitations.
- Ability to learn and navigate software from third-party control systems as required.
- Ability to review and comment on design documentation, including functional diagrams, facilities layouts, addressing assignments and user manuals.
- Ability to lead field teams in troubleshooting of systems.
- Knowledge of basic electrical and power requirements
- Being a Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) is a big plus. It will be a requirement within 90 days of hire.
Preferred Manufactures, Software & Certifications:
- QSC Q-SYS
- Biamp Tesira
- Crestron DM & Control Systems
- AMX Control Systems
- CTS & CTS-D Certifications
- Broadcast equipment
- Cisco CCNA
- Extron XTP
- Video conferencing hard and soft codecs
- MS Office