Direct Support Professional
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $17 Hourly
Guillory Health LLC is an in-home support agency supporting people with intellectual disabilities. Our DSPs provide care and life coaching to individuals in their homes and the community. Come be apart of our growing team while making a positive impact in someone's life!
DSP (Direct Support Professional)
HIRING IMMEDIATELY !! Making up to $17.00 !!!!! For Loudoun County: Leesburg, Aldie, Ashburn, Sterling, Purceville
*Please do not apply if you are not willing to travel to Loudoun County*
*$700 SIGN-ON BONUS*
*Hiring Part-time coverage*
Monday - Friday: 4pm - 8pm
Monday - Friday: 3pm - 9pm
Saturday - Sunday: 12 hour shifts
1099 Independent Contractor
DSP's will work in-home with our clients on a one to one basis.
Direct Support Professionals assist intellectual and developmentally disabled individuals with daily living activities at home or daytime care facilities. Their duties may include making beds, doing laundry, and preparing and providing meals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of & willingness to learn basic office procedures and use equipment.
Willing to learn basic skills required for specific duties.
Responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the characteristics and concepts of intellectual disabilities, mental health, health disorders, Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities (IDD), and related physical conditions and treatment approaches for children.
- Knowledge of simple nursing care, first-aid, behavior management, personal and environmental hygiene. Ability to implement and follow the policies and procedures of the department, facility, or service entity.
- Ability to engage in the care, training, and rehabilitation of physically and mentally challenged individuals or the mentally ill. Ability to provide basic nursing care, personal care, and hygiene
- Ability to perform established training, care, and programmatic activities.
- Ability to teach individuals eating, bathing, dressing, grooming, and other self-care skills.
- Ability to participate with professional staff in the design and implementation of training and programmatic activities.
- Ability to observe the rights and personal dignity of others.
- Ability to observe, record and report individuals’ behavior, attitude and physical condition. Ability to perform simple math and communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with individuals and other employees.
- Ability to document and write progress notes accurately and timely.
- Experience:One year of full-time or equivalent part-time paid or volunteer experience in the care, training, rehabilitation and of individuals with intellectual needs, developmentally/physically/ or mentally challenged.Job Types: Part-time / Full-timePay: $15.00 per hour
Personal CareView all jobs at Guillory Health