Elementary Junior Teacher
Guidepost Montessori Miami, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for enthusiastic and adaptable teachers who are interested in learning more about elementary education as we grow our Montessori school in the Hollywood Beach, Florida! Your role:
We are hiring an Junior Guide who is excited to participate in our in-house Montessori Elementary Training Program in preparation for becoming a future lead guide. We have an amazing team of Montessori Mentors who will be available to lead professional development, provide feedback, and help develop your skills as you refine your practice. This is also an opportunity to be mentored by a phenomenal team of lead elementary guides, running one of the best Montessori elementary classrooms in the country.
Our elementary program is truly unique: a mixed-aged Montessori community, with first through sixth graders learning alongside one another in a rich social environment. It continues the Montessori approach of practiced autonomy and self-mastery; of highly individualized lessons and extended periods of concentrated work. Within that framework, we embed a sequence of classical academic content in the humanities and the sciences. Learn more about our approach to elementary education here: https://guidepostmontessori.com/prosperity/programs/elementaryWhat we offer:
- Fully sponsored MACTE-accredited Montessori Teacher Diploma ($5,000 value)
- 75% tuition discount for two children at any school in our network (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- 6 weeks of flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent compensation package including health, dental, and vision insurance, and a retirement 401(k) account
- Ongoing professional development and a network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities in our national network
- Have a Bachelor degree (Elementary Education or related field preferred)
- Are interested in becoming Montessori certified for the elementary age group and are familiar with child-led philosophies such as Reggio Emilia or Montessori
- Have experience teaching or working with elementary age children
- Have strong interpersonal skills and a customer-service oriented mindset
- Are willing to grow and learn
- Help children by giving them the tools to become independent
- Are open to guiding your colleagues, and be guided by them in turn
- Are eager to partner with parents on their child's journey
- Take pride in your work and are friendly with error
- Get energized and inspired by working with children!
- Have a valid negative TB test (in the last 12 months) or are willing to take prior to your state date
- Have a valid CPR certification or are willing to become certified prior to start date
Guidepost Montessori is a community of educators who truly believe that to meet the needs of today's students and to bring true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents. For more information about us, check out our website at https://www.guidepostmontessori.com/.
Interested in another location or position? Check out our career page at https://www.guidepostmontessori.com/careers.