What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Guidehouse is seeking a highly motivated, strategic, and creative User Experience Designer to build and drive best-in-class user experiences. You understand how people think, operate and interact with complex sets of data and are comfortable working with designers, developers, data/analytics and product managers to determine the framework for the overall user experience of digital products.
You will support product initiatives and work with multiple cross-functional teams. You will work closely with our clients on large digital engagements, helping to envision creative, innovation solutions to complex business problems. This candidate will be the voice of the user, expected to properly convey what the user wants, needs, and expects from the products that we are creating.
- Work with the UX Lead to establish the overall direction and vision for UX team (establish approach, tools and process)
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define product experience
- Serve as the voice of the user while meeting the needs of the customer
- Conceptualize, execute and refine design specifications and design standards in the form of interaction models, process flows, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes and functional design specs
- Understand complex qualitative and quantitative research data, business goals and requirements, and translate them into functional designs
- Drive and document design standards and patterns across products
- Create customer-centric designs that address business, brand and user requirements
- Manage, mentor, and provide feedback to UX designers, with a focus on delivering high quality UX solutions to our clients
- Lead participatory design activities (e.g. client workshops, card sorting) to understand vision, business model and knowledge about user needs and behaviors.
- Conduct, design and analyze user experience and usability testing, incorporating testing best practices
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in information architecture and UX design for user-centered projects such as: responsive websites, web and mobile applications and other interactive touch points
- Experience in Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts or related field is desired
- Demonstrate a portfolio of work with a proven track record for solving complex UX design problems
- In-depth knowledge of iOS and Android platforms
- Experience building low and high fidelity prototypes of digital products to illustrate future concepts and functionality to clients
- Outstanding brainstorming and collaboration skills
- Experience conducting user research and translating user research into design decisions
- Experience building design systems that integrate with complex data
- Background in usability testing, and building rapid prototypes
- Experience working with an Agile development team
- Experience closely collaborating with technical teams
- Knowledge of tools like Sketch, Craft, Adobe Creative Cloud, Invision and Principle
Minimum Years of Experience: 3-5 years (agency experience is a plus)
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Visual/Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or other related field.
- This position requires successful completion of a background check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Student Loan Paydown
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Category Client Services
Type Regular Full-Time