Quality Assurance Analyst- Remote Opportunity
- Expired: October 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
For more than 75 years, we have protected organizations that strive to make the world a better place. We support this cause by safeguarding our members' property and assets. Through diligent research and analysis, our home office department develops products and services that truly benefit our members. Consistent with our core value of being nimble, the department produces insurance coverage plans that meet the ever-changing needs of the Core Business writing churches, educational institutions, small business and nonprofit organizations. We actively partner with Programs and Specialty business units at GuideOne Insurance. We make positive change possible for these organizations by protecting them while they pursue their mission to do good.
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for the quality review strategy focusing on portfolio analysis in Core; Non Profit Human Services. The team works together reviewing targeted and random underwriting files identifying strengths and opportunities. Assists underwriting leaders in the identification and implementation of training strategies to address the personal job improvement and performance of underwriters and underwriting activities. Works closely with both underwriters and underwriting management to identify process and performance opportunities, and may assist with project initiatives for the department as needed. The changing business climate and marketplace requires nimble decision making and this role is part of that process and decision making. Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks with the expected underwriting curiosity, creativity, and latitude expected for success.
As the Quality Assurance Analyst you will be responsible for the following:
• The goal is to ensure that policies and books of business meet the standards for policy issuance accuracy with proper limits, coverage forms, rating algorithms, evidence of underwriter curiosity, and overall compliance in order to deliver an outstanding and accurate product to our customers.
• Completes executive summaries and various reports to underwriting management including presentations with senior leaders.
• Collaborates with management to identify inefficiencies in process, operations or employee performance and recommends additional training opportunities to bridge gap in performance.
• Works collaboratively with other business areas to incorporate other relevant topics into the training curriculum.
• Provides advice and fields questions from underwriters on processes and procedures as well as unique situations, proper risk selection and underwriting guidelines.
• Contributes to or delivers refresher training for existing staff on new procedures, risk selection, pricing, marketplace intelligence, etc. in a group setting or 1:1 setting.
• Participates in commercial underwriting/project initiatives and often the HOU SME.
• Performs other related work as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field of study, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Insurance Institute of America (IIA) or other related industry designation or currently working toward designation preferred.
• Three (3) years commercial underwriting experience, or equivalent strong technical experience in an underwriting role.
• Two (2) years of experience in a Quality Assurance type role, or equivalent strong technical experience in an auditing role.
Other Credentials and Job Requirements:
• Ability to convey clear & concise information to others utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to understand the insurance marketplace impacting GuideOne business units including commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within the underwriting field.
• Strong knowledge of property/casualty operations and products with superior technical expertise in all lines of business.
• Proven emotional intelligence and has the interpersonal skills necessary to itentify strategic opportunities, share quality feedack, and provide development of staff in a positive learning environment.
• Must be able to prioritize multiple duties and communicate effectively to meet department goals.
• Ability to investigate and resolve problems.
At GuideOne Insurance, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We work hard to invest in and support each other - because there's no end to the good we can do, together.
For more than 75 years, GuideOne Insurance Company has supported our policyholders' goals by providing nimble solutions for their niche needs. We are a recognized expert in providing property and liability insurance and risk management solutions through GuideOne Insurance, GuideOne National, CGA Insurance Services and GC3. Our company is guided by our mission and our promise - We Help Make Positive Change Possible® - by protecting the people who strengthen and support our communities.
We provide insurance and risk management services to:
• Religious Organizations
• Nonprofit Organizations
• Educational Institutes
• Program Business
• Infrastructure & Rail
• Energy & Mining
• Financial / D&O
• Technical Property
Our company's history reveals a legacy of melding social conscience with sound business practice. We pursue excellence and integrity, which is fueled by a nimble, reliable, fun, passionate and courageous workplace culture. We're proud to be recognized as a Best-in-Class Employer in Gallagher's 2021 Benefits Strategy & Benchmarking Survey and rated "A-" (Excellent) by industry analyst AM Best.
Rich Benefits Package:
• 401K includes a match up to 6% at 100%.
• Generous time off program including; personal, holiday, and volunteer paid time off.
• Flexible work schedules.
• Wellness incentives.
• Free Basic Life and AD&D.
• Free short-term and long-term disability.
• Educational assistance program.
• 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision.
• Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities.
This Company Participates in E-Verify
Background Check Required
TechnologyView all jobs at GuideOne Insurance
Get fresh QA Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.