Data Analyst- Remote Opportunity
- Posted: over a month ago
For more than 60 years, we have protected organizations that strive to make the world a better place. We support this cause by safeguarding our members’ property and assets. Through diligent research and analysis, our Commercial Lines department develops products and services that truly benefit our members. Consistent with our core value of being nimble, the department produces insurance coverage plans that meet the ever-changing needs of niche organizations. We make positive change possible for these organizations by protecting them while they pursue their mission to do good.
The Data Analyst supports all areas with low to moderately complex data needs to develop an evolving a data-driven culture that will lead to a data-centric organization. Their goal is to achieve well-managed, high quality, integrated data that provides customers with accurate and timely information in order to better understand the situation and provide the necessary resources that help support solutions to improve profitability, productivity, and service.
As the Data Analyst, you will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborates with the data analytics department to elicit requirements from business stakeholders, assists in creating custom data sources via SQL or utilizing existing data sources, aids in the development of dynamic reporting through formatted reports and/or Tableau dashboards, collaborates with IT to automate new processes and coordinate releases of data and workbooks including providing training to end-users.
- Works with the business to set realistic project delivery expectations.
- Partners with the business to meet its objectives and goals. Provides clear understanding of how work is being conducted, and understand gaps in process or functionality as needed.
- Initiates scheduling requirements meetings with both business and IT. Uses interviewing and facilitation skills to gather and properly translate requirements.
- Resolve any data or performance issues related to workbooks and data sources.
- Collaborates with departments and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements and recommend system/process modifications.
- Mines data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganizes in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine.
- Utilize SQL skills to respond to ad hoc inquiries from internal and external stakeholders and help with extracting data to create reports.
- Monitors Tableau usage report of their workbooks and data sources to assess effectiveness of existing solutions and drive user engagement.
- Works with the data analytics team to manage projects/requirements in order to meet performance expectations.
- Schedules and facilitates training sessions to walk through visualization/reporting tools.
- Responds to requests from end users for the commercial lines policy administration, investigating these requests and either responding to the end user with a solution or escalating it to other teams/individuals to be resolved.
- Works closely with data management team to assist with scope of requirements for creation and validation of data sources.
- Participates in User Acceptance Testing in partnership with the business and IT.
- Assists with IT for approvals for the migration of data and workbooks between environments, as well as sign-offs prior to migration of objects to the production environment.
- Applies data governance principles to maintain high data quality standards.
- Assists the data analytics team with preparing reports/visualizations for Senior Leadership Team/Critical Stakeholders that effectively communicate trends and/or patterns that could impact profitability, productivity or service.
- Works with peers to create the appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
- Utilizes data visualization and coding skills to manipulate and visualize data in different forms to help business users understand and answer complex questions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Data Science, Computer Science, Math and Statistics, Business Analytics, Management Information Systems (MIS) or similar degree
- 3-5 years of related professional business experience or business analysis experience.
- Planning, facilitation and communication skills
- Experience with AWS cloud data, analytic platforms, and machine learning tools such as AWS Sagemaker, Athena, or Glue a plus.
- Exposure to Commercial Lines insurance, Critical Thinking and Presentation skills are a plus
- Experience with Guidewire products a plus
Other Credentials and Job Requirements:
- Technical skills include knowledge of database languages such as SQL, R, or Python; spreadsheet tools such as Microsoft Excel; and data visualization software such as Tableau.
- Must be able to collaborate with key business stakeholders to review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs. Document requirements, define scope and objectives to formulate solutions to parallel overall business strategies.
- Mathematical and statistical skills are also valuable to help gather, measure, organize, and analyze data.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Results oriented, self-motivated individual with a proven track record of taking ownership.
- Demonstrates the ability to use commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within the field.
- Convey clear, concise information to others, using verbal or other appropriate communication techniques.
- Treats others in a non-discriminatory, lawful and ethical manner, respecting the differences among people, and the value they bring to GuideOne.
- Follows safe practices in all work activities to avoid injuries and accidents.
GuideOne Insurance was founded upon two key philosophies that endure to this day: a commitment to social responsibility, and a dedication to serving customers in select niche markets.
At GuideOne Insurance, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We encourage our employees to work towards common goals and succeed together. GuideOne is a recognized expert in providing Commercial Lines insurance and financial services to:
- Religious Organizations
- Non profit organizations
- Educational Institutes
- Program Business
- Infrastructure & Rail
- Energy & Mining
- Financial / D&O
- Technical Property
Rich Benefits Package:
- 401K includes a match up to 6% at 100%.
- Generous time off program including; personal, holiday, and volunteer paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Wellness incentives.
- Free Basic Life and AD&D.
- Free short-term and long-term disability.
- Educational assistance program.
- 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision.
- Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities.
This Company Participates in E-Verify
Background Check Required
TechnologyView all jobs at GuideOne Insurance