Sales Opportunity Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Guest Services is now hiring a Sales Opportunity Manager to join our growing sales team! We are seeking a service oriented individual who is comfortable responding to business opportunities; increasing and maintaining client base; creating winning proposals; and negotiating and reviewing contracts.
Our ideal candidate will have experience building strong relationships as well as have experience in hospitality sales: hotel, food and beverage, condos, senior living, national parks, etc.
This position pays a base of $60-65K with a generous bonus and commission structure! Partial remote work options may be available! Some travel (up to 15-20%) may be required.
Guest Services, Inc. offers amazing benefits such as medical, dental, vision, a 401K matching program, paid time off, employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide, and more! Apply today to join our All Star Team!
In accordance with Guest Services, Inc.’s (Guest Services) duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting a vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, that can be reduced by vaccinations. All employees are required to receive vaccinations as determined by Guest Services, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
The Sales Opportunity Manager is responsible for the identification, realization and development of attractive growth and client opportunities within the private industry market.
- Locate new opportunities by identifying prospective clients through networking, mailings, emails and phone calls.
- Monitor various portals and inboxes to identify and respond to business development opportunities across the hospitality industry.
- Establish client development. Identify, build, and manage long-term relationships with strategic clients in the food service management market. Initiate and complete proposals, presentations, terms and conditions, negotiations and execution for the acquisition of new clientele.
- Conduct opportunity assessment, market evaluation, market research, financial evaluation, and other marketing needs.
- Conduct Business Development. Identify and evaluate specific business opportunities. Work with operations management to identify and evaluate new markets.
- Follow the RFP protocol process including soliciting RFP's from desirable prospective clients and writing proposals for new business; participate in planning and presentation sessions, when assigned.
- Attend trade shows and conferences where prospective clients participate in order to introduce Guest Services and its capabilities.
- Work closely with Marketing to develop collateral material necessary for an effective sales strategy.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Work requires general knowledge of sales principles and practices generally obtained through completion of a Bachelor's degree program in a business-related field. MBA highly preferred.
- 7-10 years related experience and/or formal training, preferably from a similar corporate entity to Guest Services. Strong customer orientation and grasp of marketing fundamentals.
- Effective communication and organizational skills. Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to problem solve.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, In Design) required.
- Superior strategy and financial skills. Strong leadership and partnership development (including negotiation) capabilities.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel locally and nationally - 15-20% travel.
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for the entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees and current and potential clients.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. occasionally, up to 30 lbs. seldom.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Guest Services Inc.Why Work Here?
Great People! Great Benefits! Join our All Star Team!
Founded in 1917, Guest Services, Inc. has worked tirelessly to earn the reputation as the premier private hospitality management company and National Park Service concessionaire in the US. Guest Services, Inc. takes great care and pride in providing best-in-class services across a wide variety of client sites including hotels, resorts, luxury condominiums, government and business dining facilities, state and national park recreation, museums, conference centers, senior living centers, health care systems, school and university dining facilities, specialty retail stores, and full-service restaurants. The Fairfax, Virginia-based company and its subsidiaries employ in excess of 3,000 team members at more than 250 facilities, which welcome more than 35 million guests annually across the United States.