Guerra Law Firm is seeking an experienced litigation specialist/paralegal to join our team!
Civil Litigation Paralegal - 5 yrs experience preferred
Serious Inquiries Only!
Guerra Law Firm is an established 20+ year personal injury firm seeking a Paralegal/Legal Assistant at the McAllen, TX office. Guerra Law Firm strives to provide the best legal product to all clients.
Guerra Law Firm is dedicated to providing exceptional legal support, a teamwork environment, and great customer service. This position requires a proactive personality with organizational skills, along with the ability to handle a fast-paced environment. Knowledge in legal case management including experience in the following tasks:
- Maintain discovery matters as applicable to each file - Very good Organizational skills required. (important);
- Must be able to complete all types of discovery deadlines promptly. (Please detail experience with discovery to be considered)
- Maintain contact with clients on a regular basis; explain procedures or forms to clients.
- Understand client's medical care and read medical records and reports; Collect documentation of all damages sustained such as medical records, bills, and loss of income.
- E-file all pleadings and new lawsuits.
- Maintain Attorney's calendar - schedule depositions, coordinate meditations, schedule hearings, calendar deadlines, etc.
- Strong ability to draft Motions, Notices, Discovery, prep binders, etc. Prepare case for trial.
5 + years' experience in Personal Injury Litigation is preferred.
Knowledge and/or experience in TrialWorks Case Management software is a bonus!
Our ideal candidate possesses unquestioned integrity, discipline, systems/ procedures oriented, detailed oriented, motivated, self- starter, ability to multi-task, and an excellent communicator (written and verbal).
To apply for this position, submit a resume and a concise paragraph(s) stating why this position is for you, including experience with discovery, calendaring, etc.. All requirements must be submitted to be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paralegal: 5 years
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Job Type: Full-time