Checker / Mechanical Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Güdel is number One in providing Intelligent technologies for motion. Our strength & success is a direct result of the expertise and dedication of our employees and their ability to
innovate! Together we continuously strive to build an employee focused culture built on the cornerstone of trust. Our core values of Passion, Open mindedness, Innovation, Reliability and Effectiveness drives our behaviors and allows every employee to thrive! In our high-trust culture the free exchange of ideas & shared learning is not just encouraged, it is the standard!
To learn more about us go to : Güdel Corporate Website (gudel.com)
The Purpose of the Position:
The Checker - Mechanical Engineer ensures the quality of the designs being released to manufacturing. Verify design feasibility, fit, function, BOM’s and dimensional tolerancing applied are accurately represented for manufacturability. This role will focus on continuous improvement and mentoring of mechanical engineering for improved quality, standardization, profitability, and overall information accuracy and is flows from engineering to manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews the CAD Model and drawing package to make sure it meets project requirements
- Verify design, model assembly fit and function, drawing details dimensioning and tolerancing, bills of materials and paint specifications
- Understand fully and apply GD&T to drawing package as required by technical specifications and/or project requirements
- Checks customer product and surrounding area information for potential interferences
- Work with project management to fully understand project requirements, develop cost effective and innovative solutions and work through any design concerns or missing information
- Provide mechanical engineering for projects as assigned, technical/commercial bid package development, quote review, project kick-off, outsourcing, supplier follow-up, and progress management to on-time, complete, and accuracy expectations, and implementation assistance
- Develop and/or design project engineering standards and external supplier bid packages for quotations/estimates and low-risk, cost effective outsourcing
- Provide engineering support on system start-ups, troubleshooting, customer acceptance, installations, and project close out as assigned
- Understands and follows both Company & OEM employee/supplier, compliance, confidentiality, and safety regulations/policies, and identifies and communicate any concerns
Required Education, Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Mechanical Engineering, Technology, or Mechatronics, or equivalent military training, or equivalent industrial capital equipment experience, and five plus years of related design & project/program management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of experience in PDM/PLM systems
- Two years of experience in Solidworks systems
- Two years of experience in manufacturing or direct involvement with manufacturing processes
- Five years of experience in CAD Systems (Solidworks, AutoCAD)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Education, Training & Experience:
- General industry and steel manufacturing environments, metal sheet handling & powertrain automation
- Experience in machine building
- Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Materials Resources Planning systems (AXAPTA and/or SAP),
- Servo Soft Application Sizing Software.
- Knowledge and understanding of: Pneumatic / Lubrication Drawings / Schematics (North American & European Standards)
- Automotive, Automotive Tier Suppliers, and Major General Industries Customers' Standards and Requirements
- Industrial Safety, including OSHA/MiOSHA, UL/CSA/CE, RIA Robot Safety Standards (ANSI RIA 15.06 2012 and related Risk Assessments)
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities & Behaviors:
- Highly organized, strategic approach to managing project technical and commercial requirements, customer feedback and expectations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret manufacturing engineering drawings, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, technical manuals, customer RFQ’s or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively create and deliver presentations and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Professional and positive approach, high energy, self-motivated, and driven for results.
- Ability to deliver Voice of the Customer in a positive framework to improve the company’s performance.
- Relationship builder, both internally, inter-company, and externally with suppliers, integrators, and customers.
- Highest degree of ethics and integrity. Behaves with full transparency and builds trust.
AddressAnn Arbor, MI
ManufacturingView all jobs at Gudel