HR Operations Specialist
- Expired: August 18, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
PURPOSE OF THIS JOB
The HR Operations Specialist will partner with key stakeholders and perform a variety of HR activities related to but not limited to: Processing payroll for 500 employees, HRIS system functionality and optimization, employee action processing, LOA process, and employee benefits. This role will assist in the daily operations of the HR Department and will be the primary point of contact for HR systems, payroll, general benefits, and 401(k) activities. This role will also provide HR expertise to internal and external customers - keeping up-to-date on employment related regulations and compliance, payroll processing, leave of absence and best practices.
- Partner with the HR functions and internal resources to execute companywide HR initiatives and client specific programs such as compliance, leave of absence, worker's compensation and benefits
- Manage the payroll processing for 2 companies (approximately 500 employees)
- Partner with CPO to manage employee benefit plans, vendor management and employee communications
- Partner with the HR team to identify key processes/policies where standardization/simplification or technology is needs to improve the following areas:
- Payroll, compensation, benefits, HR data integrity
- Perform HR activities related to HRIS function in relation to employee lifecycle processing.
- Maintain data integrity in systems by regularly analyzing data and design user-friendly processes, guidelines, and documentation..
- Assist employees with benefits enrollment and questions, verifies all insurance billing, maintains employee database and files, and ensures compliance with required benefit notices.
- Perform Payroll functions including review of bi-monthly, processing payroll for all employees using payroll software, and performing providing payroll information to Finance.
- Monitor compliance with corporate policies and procedures and the internal control program.
- Perform other related HR projects that are tied to HRIS, Benefits, 401k Retirement & Savings plan, 401k & Workers' Compensation audit activities as well as other activities related to the effective function of the HR department.
- Responsible for working with benefit vendors on annual 401k testing and required compliance and interface with vendors and administration outsourcers regarding individual Employee claims / cases regarding leaves of absence or worker's compensation
- Provide feedback and recommendations regarding HR Ops operations and systems and respond to manager/employee general HR inquiries including troubleshooting and problem solving of the HRIS system
- Maintain, generate and review Human Resources reports
- Complete other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree in related field highly desirable or equivalent HR experience.
- Five (5) years of HRIS and Payroll experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources processes and related systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, efficiently, and exercise good business judgement.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Able to effectively manage highly confidential data, information, and engagements.
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Previous knowledge of HR Generalist and employee benefits is a plus
- Ability to be accurate in communications
- Appreciation of employment legislation and HR compliance, particularly benefits and payroll
- Ability to navigate through multiple computer applications
- Proactive and self-motivated, collaborative with a strong focus on quality and efficiency
- Ability to project manage, plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong writing and record keeping
- Proficient in MS Office and excel
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
At Guayakí Yerba Mate, we're about much more than just yerba mate: we believe yerba mate culture is an invitation to life. Our mantra, "COME TO LIFE," is an invitation to personal, social, ecological and cultural regeneration. The regeneration of the planet is at the heart of our business model. Every purchase of Guayakí drives positive global impact. We call it Market Driven Regeneration™, and it's the driving force behind everything we do.
Yerba mate. We love it, we drink it, but what, exactly, is it? Yerba mate is brewed from the nourishing leaves of the yerba mate species of holly tree (Ilex paraguariensis), which is native to the South American Atlantic rainforest. Of the six commonly used stimulants in the world: coffee, tea, kola, cocoa, and guarana, yerba mate triumphs as a balanced, naturally caffeinated option. Guayakí offers bagged loose leaf yerba mate as well as ready-to-drink yerba mate beverages in bottles and cans.
As our team grows, we are looking for people to join us that are passionate and committed to protecting the planet. Our company culture is driven by a collaborative team that supports each other and grows together. We believe that learning from different perspectives and facing challenges is an opportunity to grow. Our people come from different cultures and backgrounds that are welcomed in open and mutually beneficial ways. We question the status quo and seek innovative solutions to evolve the business. We invite individuals who want to work as a collective and use business as a force for good to join our team.
Guayakí Yerba Mate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Guayaki Yerba Mate
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Guayaki Yerba Mate