HR Generalist II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
Legal and HR
Purpose of this job
The Human Resources Generalist has thorough knowledge of HR principles, regulations, and procedures. In collaboration with the Director of HR, the HR Generalist works closely in-person with employees and managers in an assigned client group to support the business in areas of employee relations, workforce planning and recruitment, employee development and training, leave administration, compensation, performance management, and more. This role requires familiarity with Human Resources planning, talent development, and internal client group support and must have a passion for understanding the business and being a business partner that will enable leaders to reach the business strategic goals for growth
- Act as a first point of contact for HR questions and inquiries from managers and employees of their assigned client group.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Regularly meet with key members of their client group management team to identify workforce planning concerns, business objectives, performance issues, etc. Provide recommendations for solutions in collaboration with Director of HR.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Will partner with managers to drive recruiting efforts including conducting phone interviews, scheduling interviews, develop competitive offers, and see the candidate through pre-employment testing and onboarding. Work with managers to prepare an orientation schedule for new hires.
- With support from the Director of HR as needed, provide recommendations to management on compensation changes, promotions, job titles, etc. Prepare the necessary change requests and documentation for HR processing.
- Assist employees and managers with leave requests, provide required documentation to employees, and submit change requests for processing. Track employee leaves and follow up as appropriate to confirm return to work, request recertifications, etc.
- Manage and resolve routine employee relations and labor relations issues. Escalate high-risk issues to Director of HR. Address complaints and conduct investigations to ensure compliance with company policy and all federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Respond to workplace injuries and ensure incident reporting is completed.
- Roll out HR initiative to assigned client group, including presenting on key topics and tracking follow up from management.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum experience and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or similar, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years Human Resources experience for a multi-site organization, as a HR Generalist or HR Business Partner
- A thorough understanding of applicable laws, regulations, and policies
- Ability to coach managers through difficult conversations
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, both written and verbal
- The talent to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and demonstrate a high degree of organizational skills and attention to detail. Deliver to deadlines with strong follow-up skills, problem resolution and strategic thinking
- Self-starter with creative mind and a track record of putting ideas into practice and assessing results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with familiarity of HR Information Systems
- 25% travel to locations in assigned region
The physical demands described represent those needed to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- The position requires the ability to see clearly (with or without the aid of glasses or contact lenses) during responsibilities on and off a computer.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by listening and in both written and verbal forms.
Yerba Mate Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.
Guayaki Yerba Mate
BusinessView all jobs at Guayaki Yerba Mate