Customer Sales Representative
- $22 to $24 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance
At Guayakí Yerba Mate, we're about much more than just yerba mate: we believe yerba mate culture is an invitation to life. Our mantra, "COME TO LIFE," is an invitation to personal, social, ecological and cultural regeneration. The regeneration of the planet is at the heart of our business model. Every purchase of Guayakí drives positive global impact. We call it Market Driven Regeneration™, and it's the driving force behind everything we do.
Yerba mate. We love it, we drink it, but what, exactly, is it? Yerba mate is brewed from the nourishing leaves of the yerba mate species of holly tree (Ilex paraguariensis), which is native to the South American Atlantic rainforest. Of the six commonly used stimulants in the world: coffee, tea, kola, cocoa, and guarana, yerba mate triumphs as a balanced, naturally caffeinated option. Guayakí offers bagged loose leaf yerba mate as well as ready-to-drink yerba mate beverages in bottles and cans.
We're looking for a Customer Sales Representative to increase product sales and placement of displays at all large and small format "off premise" stores. You will upsell inventory, cooler space, and product displays and effectively service all customers in a safe and productive manner according to The Yerba Mate Co, LLC's executional standards. You will report to the Area Sales Leader and will be on-site at the San Leandro Warehouse Monday – Friday, 5 days a week.
How you'll help:
- Manage the relationship with the customers to sell Guayaki Yerba Mate products to assigned accounts within your region.
- Complete daily sales route covering existing accounts and prospect for new accounts.
- Ensure that all The Yerba Mate Co, LLC's equipment is clean and in good working order.
- Safely operate and maintain company provided vehicle and follow company vehicle policy.
- Collect payment from customers, and ensure that all required paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted via mobile app after each sale is completed.
- Manage inventory, receive shipments, and maintains a clean/organized storage unit.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with your customers to increase sales and selling space.
- Evaluate all competitors' activities such as new launches and price reductions and communicate with Area Sales Leader.
- Meet monthly key performance indicators (KPI's) focused on the following areas: sales, distribution, pricing, display, new accounts and other merchandising components.
- Build and protect Guayaki Yerba Mate brand through proper rotation to ensure fresh product and set proper brand flow following the company's standards.
- Increase inventory and diversity of products offered at each assigned account while delivering fresh product and always looking to improve in store branding.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Here's what you'll provide:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current Driver's License with clean driving record and meet DOT driving standards.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Previous sales experience is desirable, but not required.
- Knowledge of the beverage market.
- Additional Language skills an advantage.
Travel & Physical Requirements:
- Travel as needed for market support.
- Employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Employee frequently is required to walk and sit.
- Employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds as needed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Various vehicle and equipment operations.
What we offer:
The pay range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors; actual pay offered may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Sales commissions and/or variable pay plans are also offered depending on the position (ex: monthly, quarterly, annual bonuses). Additionally, we offer a competitive benefits package including top-tier benefits, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health benefits, paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off, as well as opportunities for career growth and advancement within our team!
As our team grows, we are looking for people to join us that are passionate and committed to protecting the planet. Our company culture is driven by a collaborative team that supports each other and grows together. We believe that learning from different perspectives and facing challenges is an opportunity to grow. Our people come from different cultures and backgrounds that are welcomed in open and mutually beneficial ways. We question the status quo and seek innovative solutions to evolve the business. We invite individuals who want to work as a collective and use business as a force for good to join our team.Guayakí Yerba Mate is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Guayaki Yerba MateOakland, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.