PLEASE APPLY VIA THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://amynta.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/global/job/Grand-Rapids/Customer-Service-Call-Center-Representative---Inbound-Adjudication_1906-832
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides exceptional customer service to internal and/or external customers. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: answering heavy call volume on phone queue, providing standard information, completing forms within guidelines and meeting or exceeding department metrics for call handling and quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists consumers by providing highest level of customer service; remains professional and polite at all times.
- Handles customers’ first report of claims; takes status calls on claims.
- Responds to standard questions and concerns from consumers; follows-up with common questions to document nature and status of claim; communicates in a clear and educated manner.
- Completes routine or standard claims based on information provided by consumer; may inform customer of results and closes out the claim as appropriate.
- Aids internal and external customers during claim and general call center process; forwards call and relevant information to other team members, departments or management as needed.
- Serves as a mentor to new hires or other staff, which may include providing direction and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
1-year minimum customer service experience in a call center environment is preferred;
Office or customer service experience is preferred;
High school graduate or equivalent education is required;
Post-secondary education is preferred.
Mastery of the English language (both written and verbal);
Professional telephone etiquette;
Ability to read and interpret information;
Proficient computer and data entry skills; comprehensive knowledge of computer operations, including software and web-based programs; Applix; Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
Self-motivated with strong work ethic, time management and interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others;
Ability to operate dual screens and multitask; detail-oriented; follows instructions;
Knowledge and understanding of department metrics for call handling and quality;
Willingness to learn; flexibility to adapt to changes;
Maintain professional appearance and provide positive company image.
Professional office and call center environment.
Positions in this class typically require: typing, talking, writing, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.