Weekly Pay - $18/HR
We are seeking a CDL Driver - Tanker Endorsement to join our team! You will be responsible for safely operating a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW).
Currently seeking qualified Diesel Operators for an opportunity with an established company in Evansville, Indiana. This is a temp to perm position after 4 months. The ideal candidate will possess a valid CDL (Class A or B) with Tanker Endorsement and be capable of operating manual shift diesel equipment. Must be able to work varied shifts. During busy season, must be able to work 1st shift 7am-7pm and 3rd shift 7pm-7am. Shifts will change and candidate must be flexible enough to switch shifts as needed.
Responsibilities of the CDL Truck Driver
- Operate/ drive company's fleet of vacuum trucks, street sweepers, water blasters, sewer camera trucks, and pickup trucks or, other equipment as directed by management.
- All vehicles are 8, 9 or, 10 variable speed manual shifters.
- Display an understanding of vacuum loader equipment.
- Perform Pre/ Post trip inspections of loader equipment.
- Secure supplies necessary for operation i.e. pipe, hoses.
- Facilitate efficient job set up routes.
- Assist in set up of vacuum loader equipment.
- Check vacuum loader frequently while in operation.
- Assist team in achieving project goals.
- Dump vacuum loader at approved destination.
- Complete necessary paperwork for project.
- Facilitate dialogue with management or customer to assure project goals are being achieved.
Requirements of the CDL Truck Driver
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
- Flexibility to work on call basis. Day or night shift and weekend shift availability
- Must be physically capable performing job functions which may include performing tasks in extreme temperatures, confined spaces, heights exceeding 15ft
- Must be able to travel out of town periodically to work in locations within the Tri- State area. This will occur only periodically and on an expenses-paid basis.
- Valid Class A or B CDL License. Must have less than four points on driving record
- Must be capable of operating manual shift diesel equipment
- Must have Tanker Endorsement
- Must have an active DOT card
- Must be capable of operating a manual shift diesel truck and will be required to demonstrate this ability during a road-test as part of the pre-employment interview process
- Pass drug, criminal background and physical screenings
Compensation for the CDL Truck Driver
- Salary: $18.00 /hour