History of Guardian Security Services:
Guardian Security Services is a locally owned security organization founded in 1975. The company has established itself as a leader in the security industry by providing its services to the most respected clients covering the Chicagoland area. Guardian Security provides customized, cost-effective programs, that exceed client expectations. We have a continuous history of service excellence in providing customized security programs to commercial properties, residential communities, financial institutions, college campuses and manufacturing facilities. We are recognized as the security provider of choice because of our continued extraordinary services provided to all our clientele and employees. A pillar to our success is ensuring our client satisfaction is met in all aspects of the position.
What makes an Exemplary Guardian Officer?
Passion: Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are very passionate about making sure that our employees are taken care of! We value the integrity, quality, professional performance and overall commitment to excellence our employees present on a daily basis. Because of the passion our employees emanate, Guardian Security Services is not just a work place, but a family!
Our Employees: The Guardian employee understands what it means to be a part of a team and becomes the "ambassador" of our organization, where ever they are. Guardian Security Services is looking for the very best in all positions we provide here. Our employees set themselves apart from their peers by demonstrating personal and professional skills necessary to be the best.
We are especially proud of our commitment and history of mentoring our employees, as well as, developing their skills to obtain management positions for their future. Whether within our firm, preparing them for opportunities in law enforcement or wherever their endeavors may take them.
Our career opportunities are perfect for the following:
Customer Service and Hospitality Professionals
Former active duty, transitioning or current Reserve/National Guard soldiers
Current, former or future Law Enforcement Officers
College students (Current or continuing education)
Looking to boost your experience and grow in the security industry?! Have your own firearm with all the credentials necessary and not sure what to do with that training you have received through the years? Guardian Security Services has Openings for Armed Security Officers! Full-Time-Afternoon Shift Available 12:45-20:45! Must have 3-5 years prior U.S. Military and or Law Enforcement experience! Applicants must have all credentials to start-Perc/40hr training, F.O.I.D. and own weapon. If, you meet all this criteria, we want to talk to you today! This position starts at $17/hr!
Industry Leading Wages
IRA Retirement Plan
Referral Bonus for Employees
Referral Bonus for Clients
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Possess a high school diploma or the equivalent and provide us with a copy.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- Must have 3-5 yrs Military or Law Enforcement experience.
- Must have a valid Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC).
- Must have a 20-hour training certificate or complete within in 30 days of employment.
- Wiliness to work at different branch locations.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must possess or be able to obtain the following or have: 40-hour firearms training, FOID card, own weapon and equipment and apply for an Illinois Firearm Control Card (tan card).
- Must own or have the ability to obtain a weapon of the following calibers (.38, .357, 9mm, 40 cal.)
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain the following duty gear. 2 inch duty belt either leather or nylon with 4 belt keepers. Duty holster must be at least a Threat Level 2 or higher.
- Proven ability to deal with challenging situations while remaining calm and professional.
- Possess strong customer service and public relation skills, and be able to interact well with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Have a stable work history.
- Be mature in demeanor, personality and attitude.
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Maintain an impeccable image and adhere to our professional grooming standards.
- No visible tattoo(s) which cannot be covered up with a short sleeve shirt and pants.
- Must maintain a working telephone at all times in order for us to contact you.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation.
- Afternoon Shift Monday - Saturday
- Flexible Schedule
- Full-time and Part-time available
- Climate controlled environment
- Greeting client and customers entering and leaving
- Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
- Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports
- Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
Guardian Security Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Guardian Security Services, Inc. offers industry leading wages, career advancement, and great working environments with a multitude of benefits. License #122.000419