- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Database Administrator ensures high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications and administers, tests, and implements computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. The Database Administrator participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. This position will require both technical level experience and the ability to interface with all levels of users.
Location: Hampton, VA
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Specific duties shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage data management system access.
- Alert control.
- Ensure proper systems acquisition, maintenance, and sustainment.
- Responsible for a comprehensive accounting of database licenses and equipment purchased, and status of all.
- Ensure the data management system meets all Privacy Act and PII requirements and has the ability to be compartmentalized, subsequently ensuring controlled roles and responsibilities.
- Have the ability to instantly establish or revoke a person’s roles or responsibilities within the database upon recommendation.
- Ensure the data management system has the ability to send actionable alerts to personnel identified.
- Provide a customer support mechanism to data management system users.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Test computer hardware and software performance and provide appropriate or innovative corrective measures.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- Analyze data to identify or resolve operational problems.
- Create electronic data backup to prevent loss of information.
- Implement security measures for database or information systems.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance with business needs and industry best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Analyze project data to determine database specifications or requirements.
- Conduct system tuning, performance monitoring, and database maintenance.
- Modify existing databases or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions.
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of the selected software program.
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information for upper management.
- Develop data models describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template, or computer software.
- Establish and calculate optimum values for database parameters.
- Basic understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures.
- Understanding of Certification and Accreditation Processes.
- Shall have a proficient understanding and working knowledge of computer, e-mail, voice mail, and telephone texts to perform duties.
- Additionally, be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance.
Education and Experience
The Database Administrator shall have an appropriate level(s) of education to perform the required function –at a minimum, shall:
- Possess 7+ years’ professional experience.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or an equivalent degree.
Guardian Premier Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at Guardian Premier Solutions