Maintenance Technician - 2220
- Posted: over a month ago
- $25 Hourly
The Headwaters Apartments is a 100-unit community located in Portland, OR.
The Maintenance Technician's primary role will be to support the Community Manager by ensuring site safety and completion of required property maintenance necessary to maintain excellent curb appeal and the overall appearance and quality of the properties on a scheduled basis.
This will include prioritizing and processing work orders which may include both urgent and routine maintenance of property and apartment units. This position is responsible for ensuring that all maintenance work is done in compliance with OSHA regulations, and Guardian policies and procedures. A Maintenance Technician is also responsible for coordinating with other property staff and vendors to provide outstanding customer service to the residents, provide well-timed and proactive property maintenance, safeguard the good financial health and stability of the properties, and complete all required paperwork and reports on time.
For this position, we are seeking a dynamic self-starter who enjoys working with others and excels in a fast-paced, flexible, and hands-on environment. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, professional and communicative. Must have a minimum of one year of experience in property maintenance, building engineering or a related field. Must own or have access to a properly insured vehicle for use in business transportation needs, as well as maintain valid driver's license and insurance.
Schedule: 40 hours / week; Monday-Friday
Compensation: $25.00 / hr DOE + benefits!
Benefits: Medical/Vision/Prescription Insurance, Dental Insurance, Medical/Dependent Care FSA, Life/AD&D Insurance, Employer-matched 401-K, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program.
Guardian provides a culture in which employees are encouraged to learn new skills and develop their existing strengths. Upward mobility is a reality here! We provide ample training and opportunity for anyone who desires to take their property management career to the next level! Interested in growing along with one of the leading property management companies in the Northwest? This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The requirements listed below are representative, but not exclusive of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• At least one year of work experience in property maintenance and repairs, construction or related experience.
• Possess and transport own tools and materials needed for job.
• Ability to speak, read and write in English.
• Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner; both verbally and in writing.
• Able to complete company training requirements for this position within pre-determined deadlines and attend other training sessions as required.
• Must own or have access to properly insured vehicle for use in business transportation needs; maintain valid driver's license and insurance.
• If the property has a pool, CPO (Certified Pool Operator) certification may be required according to the regulations of the property’s State.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Represent Guardian in a positive and professional manner at all times.
• Support Community Manager’s efforts to assure that the company’s efforts fully meet and exceed property management obligations.
• Maintain the property so it is in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws (fire, backflow, OSHA, etc.).
• Walk property grounds daily, maintain exterior of the property to ensure grounds are clean and property has excellent curb appeal.
• Alert supervisor of any potential liabilities or repairs. Identify property problems and repairs needed in the areas of structural, electrical, plumbing, and appliances.
• Under the direction of the Community Manager or Maintenance Supervisor and (if applicable) with the assistance of other Maintenance Staff, respond to all service requests and complete all Work Orders and Apartment Turnovers in a timely and professional manner in accordance with Guardian’s policies and procedures.
• Keep accurate records of current space conditions including roof, HVAC, utilities and special circumstances. Keep the model unit in condition to show and make sure that the office, maintenance work area, grounds and common areas are neat and clean at all times.
• Regularly inspect property and vacant apartments and coordinate the work and schedules of property vendors.
• Required to carry a property cell phone and be on call for emergencies after business hours and on weekends, on a rotating basis with other staff.
• Communicate with supervisor about any issues, or resident questions or concerns brought directly to the Maintenance Technician.
• Perform maintenance or coordinate maintenance of pools, spas, and pool areas (if applicable).
• Follow confidentiality guidelines for all resident, property, owner, and Guardian information at all times.
• Accurately record time worked, adhere to time keeping guidelines including approving site staff time records on a daily basis.
• Maintain constant contact with the Area Maintenance Supervisors and Maintenance Coordinator in regards to the scheduling of the Maintenance Rover.
• Other duties as assigned by the Area Maintenance Supervisors and Maintenance Coordinator.
Guardian – Company Description
Guardian is a developer, owner, and operator of multifamily properties, providing innovative real estate solutions dedicated to community and housing for all. Based in the Pacific Northwest, our customer-focused team is committed to supporting and lifting the communities we serve. Since 2002, Guardian has developed or acquired 11,000 multifamily units and 350,000 square feet of commercial space. With more than 350 team members, our management portfolio consists of 110 communities across four states.
The Guardian Experience – Our People
Property Management is our strength. People have always been our passion. Our team is, and has always been, actively engaged in superior real estate management and enhancing the communities in which we live and work. In this economy, companies come and go. As a third-generation, family owned firm, Guardian’s growth and stability has evolved the company into a leading Pacific Northwest real estate management and investment firm.
In addition to competitive salaries, 401(k), Paid Time Off and paid Holidays, we offer a culture in which individuals work and participate in collaborative team environments and are encouraged to continue to grow both professionally and personally.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866)632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, or by fax at (202) 690-7442.
Real EstateView all jobs at Guardian Management
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?