Looking for the following entry level positions: Production Operator, Machine Operator, Coater, Packer, Warehouse Associate
We are presently recruiting for a Production Operator / Associate who wants a career and not just a job. We seek individuals who “live and breathe” integrity, humility and mutual respect. To thrive in this culture, you will be a person who believes in value creation, a strong customer focus, and can embrace change easily. If you are successful in the interview process please know that we run a complete pre-employment background and criminal check, and we do drug tests. Guardian is a Tobacco-Free and Drug Free company.
The position will be responsible for the following:
• Operate, monitor, maintain and troubleshoot the production line
• Understand and follow plant safety rules, and work safely at all times
• Perform manual labor
• Operate a forklift and crane occasionally
• Operate hand held power tools
• Complete all required documentation in accordance with Company standards
• Ensure quality product is sent to customers by completing quality checks
• Maintain reliable attendance
• Maintain general housekeeping in all areas of production, including the break rooms and rest rooms
The background and experience requirements for this position are as follows:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
• 1 to 3 years or more previous manufacturing experience (preferred - not required)
• Work holidays and/or weekends on a regular basis
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
• Ability to stand for long periods of time Working Conditions:
• Glass Manufacturing/Production
• Moving Equipment and machinery
• Operate a computer with training, read a tape measure, read written instructions, operate an automated workstation, and solve elementary mathematical problems quickly
• Stand or walk on concrete floor up to 12 hours.
• Operate process equipment (ex. forklift, front end loader, etc.) with training.
• Climb up and down stairs and ladders several times during the shift.
• Work in crowded or tight spaces
• Work well with multi functional groups.
• Work in a fast pace work environment.
• Work while wearing protective respiratory equipment, and have periodic limited exposure to some airborne dusts.
• Withstand intermittent exposure to warm/hot temperatures with proper personnel protective equipment.
• Recognize small flaws in glass from a distance of 4 feet with training.
• Frequent squatting and bending at the knees, twisting from side to side, bending forward, and pushing and pulling objects.
• Lift vertically and move laterally at waist height up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis
. • Production Operator Schedule: 12 Hour Rotating
Note: Guardian Industries is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to color, race, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, or other legally protected factors.