Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or the grilles on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Industries is seeking you to become our next Production Associate in Chicago!
· Correctly operates and adjusts sequential breakers
· Uses hand tools to perform quality tests (e.g. caliper, 4-point probe)
· Follows work instructions to ensure that machine is set up properly
· Operates and adjusts multiple heads on the grinders and replaces grinding wheels when needed
· Operates and adjusts washing machines
· Prepares and mixes washing solution for the washer as needed
· Monitors and maintains water tanks and air knives
· Monitors operating mechanisms and cleanliness of rollers and transfer conveyors for proper operation
· Measures and records size of glass (blueprint is used; provided by the Production Supervisor)
· Checks glass along with QAT when glass is up and down as needed
· Keeps record of all rejects on the line using mechanical counter
· Performs extensive maintenance, both preventive (e.g. greasing bearings, replacing bad bearings, belts, rollers, brushes, sprockets, rings, chains, and clean/change filters and water/air lines) and corrective (e.g. replace broken belts, bearings, rollers, brushes, “O” rings, pullers, hoses, and chains) under direction of the Production Supervisor and/or Maintenance Manager
· Works with maintenance when major problem (e.g. breakdown) occurs until task is completed
· Cleans work area as needed or directed
· Performs clean-up tasks upon request
· Works with hangers, QAT, and Production Supervisor to resolve problems on the line
· Does all other duties as assigned
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
· Either a high school diploma or GED is required. Certification from a technical school or college coursework is preferred.
· Must have good attention to detail to ensure that glass produced is in accordance with specifications
· Ability to independently operate the line and perform minor repairs during production hours is required
· Understanding of the impact of the cutting edging on final product quality
· Ability to speak and read English and understand simple instructions from the Daily Production Plan
· Ability to perform simple mathematical operations
· Ability to use Mechanical Caliper to measure size of glass
· Ability to fully understand the cutting process (i.e. why some problems appear and how to prevent them)
· Ability to deal with problems and find the fastest way to solve them, either by acting alone or with other employees.