The IV Compounding Technician, under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, is responsible for the completion of Sterile and Non-sterile Compounding in accordance with USP 797 and USP 795 guidelines, state and federal regulatory requirements, and standard departmental procedures. This is a full time position for 40 hours a week. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Works under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist to prepare Sterile and Non-sterile Compounds while adhering to all pertinent state and federal pharmacy regulations and Guardian Pharmacy standards of quality.
- Responsible for staging, preparing, and filling orders for residents at long term care facilities as well as completing all necessary documentation.
- Responsible for completing on the job training on USP 797 guidelines and maintaining competencies related to aseptic technique.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the Sterile and Non-sterile Compounding areas as per USP 797 and 795 guidelines.
- Assist in the ordering and maintaining of inventory of injectable medications and other IV related products.
- Use of pharmacy software systems to process IV orders.
- Communicate with nursing staff related to IV orders as needed.
- May also be required to assist in daily workflow activities including processing and filling of other prescription medications as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by Department Supervisor.
- Attention to Detail
- Ethical Conduct
- Flexibility/ Reliability
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Stress Management/Composure
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required
- Prior experience as an IV Pharmacy Technician desired
- Pennsylvania Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR CARE TEAM?
Are you flexible and always willing to jump in and help where you're needed? Are you conscientious about following policies and procedures correctly? Do you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills? Are you passionate about the rights of all to privacy, dignity, and well-being? If so, then you just might be perfect for this position!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Guardian Elder Care