Director- CBRNE/HAZMAT Position Description
Base Salary: $120,000.00
Performance Bonus Opportunity: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00
Benefits: Health Care, Dental and 401K
Guardian Centers of Georgia is a holistic training company for military and first responder located in Perry, Georgia. Guardian Centers is seeking an experienced chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high-yield explosive (CBRNE) subject matter expert and dynamic educator to lead the CBRNE/Hazmat Directorate at the Guardian Centers campus.
As the Director you will work closely with the program office and the clientele to identify training objectives and training outcomes, while constructing and implementing innovative, realistic training courses or scenarios. The Director is tasked with reviewing and revising curriculum, development of presentation materials (Power Point presentations), assisting in designing field exercises and response scenarios to enhance and complement specific courses of instruction. The training will focus on identification, detection and decontamination techniques for chemical, biological, radiological, high yield explosives and TIC/TIM. The ideal candidate has real-world response experience and is competent in the execution of multi-agency training scenarios that utilize the National Response Framework, National Incident Management Systems and the Operational Readiness Exercise Evaluation Program.
As the lead of the fastest growing directorate in the Guardian Centers portfolio, the ideal candidate will have the skills to develop the optimum team with the mix of skills needed to meet the client’s requirements at each stage of development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide training in multiple formats (oral, audio, video presentations, practical applications, testing etc.) that meets or exceeds the Department of Defense (DOD), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Fire Protection (NFPA) standards and guidelines
· Must be able to provide consequence management instruction to include, but not limited to, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, or High Yield Explosion preparedness, technical rescue, search and rescue, extraction, decontamination, basic and advance lifesaving, and force protection
· Provide support for the development of Guardian Centers’ curriculum
· Support the development of or instruction of comprehensive, technically relevant technician level training, including the design, development, and implementation of training exercises and scenarios required to train civilian and military students
· Required to effectively communicate all progress, identify problems and provide corrective action
· Make recommendations, regarding operational improvements, to management
· Review and assess training tasks, objectives, and/or syllabus for training effectiveness
· Maintain all operations within the established regulations and safety guidelines
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Eligible to be certified in ICS 100-800, technician level for HAZMAT, certified in the six urban search and rescue disciplines
- Certified instructor by DHS, DOD or comparable agency is preferred
- Ability to create both clandestine labs and the scenarios to support identification, detection and sampling for clientele
- Ability to create simulants that will provide realistic readings on detection equipment for clientele to make decisions for all levels of personal, protective, equipment
- Proficient in the subject(s) to which they are providing the training or management; areas of proficiency include, but are not limited to, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, or High-Yield Explosion (CBRNE) preparedness, detection and identification, decontamination, sampling, basic and advanced lifesaving, and force protection.
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Excel, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new applications as required.
- Must be able to maintain professional certifications in disciplines relevant to the Company and participate in associations, societies, groups, or other similar organizations that advocate for and service the Company’s clients and customers.
- Must possess the proper knowledge and communication skills to effectively conduct formal training, in multiple formats (oral, audio/video presentations, practical application, testing, etc. that meets or exceeds Department of Defense DoD, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, (OSHA), National Fire Protection Administration (NFPA) standards and guidelines
- Familiar with military and civilian personnel protective equipment and respiratory protective devices
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to organize, coordinate, and/or manage complex training programs and/or projects
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Relevant experience on a HAZMAT/CBRNE team responding to “Real-World events” is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of specialized experience with a working knowledge in CBRNE defense or civilian First Responder Consequence Management operations or disaster preparedness. This includes, but is not limited to, professional or volunteer experience in/or a combination of Technical Rescue, Emergency Medicine, Law Enforcement, and/or DoD/Military CBRNE certification
- Minimum 3 years of formal instructional experience
- Minimum 3 years in leading a small team/self-directed work organization.
- Successfully lift a 50lb bucket and carry it up and down a flight of stairs
- Required to use a ladder without exhibiting abnormal fear of heights
- Required to function in confined/restricted spaces without exhibiting abnormal fear of confined spaces
- Enter and crawl through a structure obscured up to 0% visibility without exhibiting abnormal fear of darkness
- Must be a person of integrity with a high level of proficiency.
- Must successfully pass a background check to include access to sensitive information.
- Must be eligible to receive and hold a security clearance
- Must be a Citizen of the United States in good standing.
- Primary work location is on campus in Perry, Georgia
· Ability to work weekends, evenings, and flexible hours on occasion per requirements of the clients.
· Occasional travel will be required
Guardian Centers of Georgia is located in Houston County, Georgia an innovative and distinctive community offering a unique quality of life for its residents. With easy access to festivals, concerts, restaurants and a vibrant quality of life. Houston County provides a plethora of cultural and recreational offerings which cater to all age groups. With a nationally acclaimed education system that boast a 15-1 student teacher ratio and graduation rate of 88%, Houston County provides access to the largest technical college system in the state. With a progressive group of leaders, Houston County was voted in the top ten for best places to live, raise a family and “Happiest Place”. This is your chance to develop a career and a community. Innovate for the future at the cutting edge of training and work, play and thrive in a central location, with a low cost of living, friendly residents, natural resources, big city appeal and even some small town, southern charm. It is here you find yourself quickly established and appreciated both on and off the job.