We are currently seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to join our Grand Rapids Team!
- Provides skilled professional nursing care within the scope of LVN practice, to the patient as prescribed by the physician and maintains compliance with regulations established by the State Board of Nursing, American Nursing Association and agency policies and procedures. The skills are demonstrated by skills visit.Providing services in accordance with agency policies
- Preparing clinical and progress notes
- Assisting the Registered Nurse or physician in performing specialized
- procedures and duties
- Assisting the Registered Nurse in carrying out the plan of care
- Assisting the client in learning appropriate self-care techniques
- Assists patient and family/caregiver in maintaining a safe home environment.
- Involves patient/family/caregiver in care process, supporting patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and independence.
- Observes the patient for changes in condition and reports these changes to the case manager and other appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Prioritizes appropriate teachings/interventions as indicated by the clinical picture.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to function effectively in the home care setting.
- Participates in established Agency committees as requested by supervisor.
- Attends and Participates in mandatory Agency staff meetings, case conferences, educational offerings and training programs.
- Maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through
- attendance in continuing education and turns in copies of continuing according to State requirements.
- Utilizes the Case Manager as the first resource when problems or questions occur in the field. If problems arise in reaching case manager contact Supervisor for assistance.
- Participates in quarterly utilization review and chart audits as required by agency.
- Demonstrates timely response to Agency Communication System.
- Maintains Agency property, supplies and equipment in a manner that demonstrates ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrates infection control per OSHA guidelines and Agency policies.
- Ensures compliance with the Medicare Conditions of Participation and any other regulatory requirements.
- Possesses and maintains a current CPR certificate and Tuberculin testing.
- Continuously analyzes work processes and makes suggestion for improvement.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and have Current licensure in the State of practice for employment. One year recent experience in adult patient home care experience REQUIRED.
Possesses excellent observational and assessment skills and nursing judgment. Possesses good verbal and written skills. Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order.
When you join our team you will have the advantage of industry leading compensation and benefit packages to choose from. A team environment with lead management support. State of the art equipment and charting system in HomeCare HomeBase (HCHB), and the chance to advance with one of the leading providers of Homecare in the country.
Guardian Angel Home Care Inc.
Why Work Here?Join the nation’s premiere Home Health and Hospice group! Guardian Angel Home Health is one of the fastest growing Home Health agencies in the country. With over 22 locations nationwide many of our branches carry impressive star ratings and are recognized as one of the lead providers in Home Health, Hospice, DME and Out Patient Rehab. When you join our team you will have the advantage of industry leading compensation and benefit packages to choose from. A team environment with lead management support. State of the art equipment and charting system in HomeCare HomeBase (HCHB), and the chance to advance with one of the leading providers of Homecare in the country.
Amazing company with lots of room for continued growth!
Grand Rapids, MI