ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Guardant Health develops breakthrough diagnostic technologies to improve cancer management. With Guardant360, we offer real-time, biopsy-free tumor sequencing that tracks tumor genomics in real-time and identifies associated treatment options. The assay is used by more than 6,000 oncologists and we partner with more than 50 biopharma companies.
Guardant Health raised over $550M from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, OrbiMed and Softbank, before having a successful IPO on NASDAQ in 2018. Guardant is led by a seasoned management team of thought leaders and successful serial entrepreneurs in next generation sequencing and rare cell diagnostics. They are advised by an oncologist-led medical steering committee from leading cancer centers.Job Description
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to perform laboratory management duties, as well as help develop, test and validate novel technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies and work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful and meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Research Associate in the Technology Development team, you will work with our laboratory manager to maintain laboratory equipment as our laboratory scales. Moreover, you will collaborate cross-functionally with members of technology development and clinical operations to perform NGS experiments. You will be hands-on in the lab, participating in efforts to develop, implement, validate, and transfer assays to our clinical lab. You will participate in teams supporting the maintenance of IVD and LDT products and ensure all work is performed and documented in compliance with applicable regulatory and quality practices (FDA, ISO13485). An ideal candidate would have some level of knowledge with NGS assay development and good documentation practice (GDP).
- Strong foundation in molecular biology techniques, with preferred experience in the areas of sample preparation for NGS
- Demonstrated ability to organize, document and communicate scientific data
- Sense of humor is a must
- Consummate team player: demonstrated ability to contribute in an environment where numerous contributions are required to accomplish complex goals
- Quantitative/analytical mindset- ability to segment complex problems into fundamental parts/basic principles, develop models and experimental tests for those models, and synthesize results into actionable solutions
- Curiosity and drive
Your background includes:
- BSc. in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or related field
- The ability to handle biological samples (i.e. tissue, biofluid, etc) is a must
- Willing to do manual, repetitive lab work is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of GDP
- Hands-on experience in running NGS sequencing platforms and assays
- Experience with process automation for nucleic acid extraction and sample preparation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.