Manager, Software Engineering in Test
Guardant Health Redwood City, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI tests for advanced stage cancer patients and LUNAR assay for research use and for use in prospective clinical trials. In parallel, Guardant Health is actively exploring the performance of the LUNAR assay in initial studies related to screening and early detection in asymptomatic individuals.Job Description
Guardant Health is looking for an energetic and passionate manager to lead its MRD and Tissue product Quality Engineering team. This team is responsible for delivery the product functionality needed to support the laboratory workflow of MRD and Tissue products from order intake to result distribution and invoicing.
An Ideal candidate would have experience in leading software quality team in a regulated environment with thorough knowledge of Quality Engineering best practices and technical expertise to guide the team in delivering software products meeting the business needs in an efficient and fast paced environment. This role requires someone to be self-directed, autonomous, empowered, with coaching and critical thinking ability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, coach, mentor and develop high-performing, geographically distributed team of software quality engineers in an Agile SDLC environment.
- Build and promote quality driven culture in delivering COTS based LIMS Platform, Service oriented architecture and cloud-based API integration platforms.
- Co-define system integration test strategy with cross functional work streams featuring rich, complex business logic-oriented customer usage patterns.
- Provide accurate planning, effort and resource estimates, and milestones for testing to ensure successful implementation in a timely fashion.
- Effectively lead resource allocation based on project priorities and engage in trade-off negotiations to safeguard the team.
- Identify cross-platform software quality challenges and devise innovative solutions for refinement and improvement of quality deliverables.
- Establish cross-functional relationships across business and technical leads, architects, and product owners to ensure alignment with business goals and enterprise-level architectural standards.
- Apply QE standards, best practices, and principles to develop quality plans that deliver optimal outcomes across multiple products.
- Define and guide automation team in terms of adding value to the process with increased speed of delivery without compromising Quality.
- Provide technical competency for selection of tools, approaches, and strategies to challenge the status quo and ensure perpetual quality improvement.
- Collaborate with DevOps team to define environmental needs for functional, integration and pre-production phases leading to successful delivery of monthly and adhoc releases.
- Deliver test documentation to support software development for medical devices in compliance with FDA, CE mark, IEC 62304, PMDA and ISO 13485 standards.
As a Manager, Software Quality Engineering you are adept at understanding system architecture, design, implementation to succinctly develop tailored test strategy and deliver quality software products meeting regulatory standards. You have the aptitude to work on parallel projects with overlapping schedules, quickly learn new technologies, demonstrate teamwork and technical leadership. You seek feedback and integrate it in a professional manner. In addition, you bring:
- B.S or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Bioinformatics, or a related study or equivalent project experience.
- 5+ years of leading software quality engineering team, in a globally distributed environment preferably in healthcare, pharma or regulated environments.
- 7+ years of hands-on testing experience in Service Oriented Architecture environment using COTS/SaaS solutions with API led integrations.
- 5+ years of experience in testing integrations in a hybrid environment leveraging HL7/XML/JSON message formats.
- Designed test automation to support CI/CD pipeline for software delivery.
- Proven ability to adapt to new technologies and design test strategies.
- Extensive experience in good testing practices, methodologies, and automated tools.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous cross-functional software quality related problems.
- Expertise in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics to identify trends, anomalies and proactively resolve problems.
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, and narrowing down system integration issues and performing root cause analysis.
- Expertise in developing and maintaining SDLC documentation such as Verification Plan, Report, Risk Assessment and Traceability Matrix, etc.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver software releases in frequent cycles using agile methodology.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA, CAP, HIPAA, SOX, 21 CFR Part 11, ISO 13485, IEC 62304, and other FDA regulations) is desired.
- Working experience in MuleSoft platform is a plus.
- Software Quality Assurance or Scrum Master certification is a plus.
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant’s COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation. An employee is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their fully-vaccinated status under this Policy by obtaining, if applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
AddressRedwood City, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Guardant Health