Project Manager in Electrical Construction
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic structures? Are you looking to put your strong, commercial electrical and/or construction management skills to use building hospitality, healthcare, industrial, and aviation, high-rise, mixed-use and higher education structures? Guarantee Electrical Company is currently seeking a Project Manager based in our Denver, Colorado office. We are focused on client results through innovation and experience. Come join our award-winning team!
We have an immediate need for an experienced Project Manager in Electrical Construction capable of managing projects in excess of $4M. This is a full time salaried position based upon knowledge, experience and expertise, with attractive benefits. Primary objectives consist of meeting desired project margins while maintaining customer relationships and establishing favorable conditions for obtaining future projects. Project delivery types include design-build, design-assist, negotiated GMP and lump sum bidding.
- Substantial experience as a project manager in electrical construction ranging in size between $4M - $30M
- Knowledge and experience with "ground up" electrical systems and components including power, lighting, distribution, generators, conduits, and wiring
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Healthcare experience would be a significant plus
- 30 Hour OSHA completion
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the planning and implementation of construction projects
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop full scale project plans
- Assemble and coordinate project staff
- Manage project budgets
- Manage project resource allocations
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Manage project quality assurance and quality control
- Monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Present reports on project definitions, project progress and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outcomes
- Perform project evaluations and provide assessment of results
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE OF THIS PROJECT MANAGER POSITION:
- Seven (7) years or more of qualified project management experience or its equivalent, including knowledge of project management techniques and tools. This includes knowledge of the theoretical and practical aspects of electrical construction project management.
- Proven skills working in people management
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in risk management
- Strong proficiency with project management software. Accubid and Viewpoint experience would be a significant plus.
- This role requires excellent listening skills and the ability to communicate clearly with written and verbal aptitudes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information about Guarantee Electrical Company, please visit www.geco.com
ConstructionView all jobs at Guarantee Electrical