- Posted: 18 days ago
The Preconstruction Manager/Estimator is responsible for leading the overall management of the preconstruction phase for multiple projects, including estimating, constructability reviews, bid package development, logistics plan development, value engineering, contract awards, and other work related to Design Assist and Construction Management type contracts. The Preconstruction Manager works directly with the Owner, the Design Team, in-house Preconstruction and Operations departments, and subcontractor and supplier community to facilitate the design, pricing, and execution of construction work for a variety of building types.
- Develop the Project Budget in line with the pre-planned strategy and in accordance with the RFP
- Evaluate alternate schemes
- Budget feasibility / study
- Schedule optimization
- Program compliance
- Hold team members accountable for their actions
- Perform and check quantity take-offs
- Strategically source and solicit the most qualified subcontractors for the market sector and scope, including meeting small business and minority participation goals as applicable
- Develop detailed estimates at all phases of design
- Verification of labor and material costs
- Manage and coordinate all CSI divisions
- Chair and record design and construction review meetings
- Maintain regular budget and schedule reviews
- Review details for practicality of Construction, Operations, and Maintenance
- Prepare reports and action plans as necessary to maintain schedules for compliance and bridging document budgets
- Perform conceptual estimating services
- Review and provide comments on final concept drawings and working drawings
- Coordinate/Manage employees and consultants
- Review and determine Project General conditions and requirements
- Complete progress reports
- Preparation and presenting of proposals to owners
- Manage open-book cost estimating to include cost control, constructability reviews, value engineering, life cycle cost analysis, scheduling, logistics, subcontractor selection and material procurement; all tailored to the clients explicit goods and needs
- Participate in the development of phasing, sequencing and site logistic stategies
- Attend and chair design meetings with the owner, A/E and subcontractors
- Draft and negotiate subcontract agreements, purchase orders, and professional service agreements in support of preconstruction and construction projects
- Manage document receipt, tracking, and distribution process
- Assist with prequalification of subcontractors
- Archive historical data for use in future budget preparation
- Participate in the subcontractor buyout process
- Monitor the planning and permitting of approval processes and contractual obligations
- Prepare technical proposals
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations
- Develop and maintain relationships with design firms, construction managers, and the construction community
- A minimum of seven (7) years of previous preconstruction experience is preferred, including experience with a construction company which performs commercial or multi-family residential construction.
- This position requires a successful track record in all aspects of the preconstruction phase of the project.
- A substantial background in process management and a proven record of leading a team from design to construction with an emphasis on building client relationships is preferred.
Required EducationHigh School diploma or G.E.D.
Preferred EducationA bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or related field is preferred.
A COVID-19 vaccination is preferred for the position. Grunley will provide reasonable accommodations for disability, pregnancy and religious-based objections in accordance with applicable law. Some projects may require attestation of COVID-19 vaccination status or regular Covid-19 testing.
Grunley Construction Company, Inc.
ConstructionView all jobs at Grunley Construction Company, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?