Cashier / Customer Service
Grub Durham Durham, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cashier /Customer Service
--- For Immediate Hire (open until filled) ---
Compensation $18-20/hour; Depending on work experience
- Do you have 2+ years of experience working in the food and beverage industry?
- Are you able to multi-task and perform well in fast-paced environments?
- Do you actively consider culture and core values when making critical decisions?
If so, we’d love to hear from you soon.
Grub Durham has established itself as Raleigh-Durham’s premier spot to enjoy eclectic comfort cuisine within a welcoming, energetic environment, attracting a wide range of guests, including students grabbing breakfast, colleagues holding lunch meetings, and families enjoying dinner on the spacious outdoor patio. Grub Durham also does a large amount of catering.
We offer a wide selection of handmade, creative food, perfect to satisfy meat-eaters and vegetarians. The freshest ingredients of each season inspire us to create delicious daily specials.
Grub Durham is proud to be a part of the Durham community and is dedicated to offering high-quality, affordable food complimented by quick, friendly service.
We are searching for an experienced, professional, and engaging Cashier/Customer Service Associate that can excel in a fast-paced environment. Previous barista or bartending experience is a plus. They operate the computerized register system in the checkout area, greet customers and complete their checkout in an efficient and friendly manner. The Cashier/Customer Service Associate is reliable and ensures customer satisfaction and repeat business. Other duties may be assigned based on available time, business volume, and other criteria as determined by supervisors. Can work a flexible schedule that includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Fluent English speaking and writing skills are required for this position.
Cashier/Customer Service Associate Responsibilities:
• Provide an exceptional customer experience with efficient, friendly, and courteous service.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with customers by greeting, answering questions, and providing information.
• Collect payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers.
• Balance cash drawer by counting cash at the beginning and end of the work shift.
• Resolve complaints and provide appropriate solutions according to standard policies.
• Maintain checkout equipment by completing frequent cleaning and restocking of cash and receipt paper.
• Protect establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation and safety guidelines.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
• 2 or more years of related restaurant experience preferred.
• Familiarity with working in fast-paced and high-capacity environments.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross-functionally with peers and senior management.
• Flexibility to adapt to a variety of situations.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
• Basic math skills including the ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, count, and reconcile cash drawers/banks, and post to records.
• Demonstrate basic skills using a computer.
• Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
• Possess excellent time management and organization skills.
• Strong attention to detail
• Must be able to perform repeated bending, standing, and reaching.
• Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
We appreciate you considering the Grub Durham team for your next career move!
Powered by JazzHR
RetailView all jobs at Grub Durham